Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FOR iPHONE ENTHUSIASTS AND PHIL

FUJI

On 3 October 2016 at 09:42, Korky said:

So the finger points at me for being an Apple fanboy eh?  I'll come clean..........

iPhone 4s

iPad Mini

iPad 2 - Bought at the Apple Store in San Francisco - how cool is that? It don't come any cooler than that, Beepster, it just don't come any cooler than that!

iMac & MacBook Pro

Mrs K has an iPad Air which would need to be surgically removed from her tiny hands.

Now, I don't think that makes me a fanboy, just a dedicated user of fine products aimed at poets and artists :thumbup:

Korky

You go right ahead and 'think different' Meister. :) Oh, you already do...

Tell you what, you make me seem positively Microsoft with only my iMac for company. On the other hand, I do have System 7, OS 8.5, OS 9, and OS X 10.6.8 running on it, plus OS X 10.9 and 10.10 on an external HD. Beat that. Go on, beat that, I say. :lol:

1 hour ago, ChrisLumix said:

Tell you what, you make me seem positively Microsoft with only my iMac for company. On the other hand, I do have System 7, OS 8.5, OS 9, and OS X 10.6.8 running on it, plus OS X 10.9 and 10.10 on an external HD. Beat that. Go on, beat that, I say. :lol:

I used to love the 'think different' ads, now they really did appeal to poets and artists. 

Can't beat all those versions of OS and OS X, but I do have Windows Vista running on my MacBook. Does that count for owt?

Korky

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ChrisLumix said:

I have macOS Sierra running on a two week old iMac - you can keep your old OSX - mine wins hands down :p

• Like 2

Now now lads:lol:  

Have you noticed that Fooj just lobbed this apple shaped grenade of a video  in through the open window and then stood well back while the inevitable happened ...I bet the likkle rascal is chuckling away  whilst polishing his vintage lenses being thoroughly entertained  by  ya'all ..He reminds me  of John Betjeman.... who was just as mischievous as  he was poetic ...another lovely man.;)

Exits Stage left........

Chuckling up sleeve, with shoulder-shaking mirth whilst muttering.....

Two o-clock the church bell chimes

heads down, they hurry.....no.....scurry

The apple tree's in orchard's stand

The finest orchards in the land.

Now, revealed......an avenue of Limes

where Urban Sprawl and Windows are

Those Window's are the best

you see...double-glazed ....cost many bob's

Fitted by a chap called Jobs

In the Orchard, the...... Apple's watch

in awe......then listen....

"Pip-Pip....old chap..they hear......

............'tis village folk

chattin' at the Store

Buyin' Apple's by the score.

FOOJ..........Re-enters, stage right, a duster and a vintage lens in hand ...... more grenades in jacket pocket...........

Did I enjoy that?

YOU BETCHA' MAN . ?

Edited by FUJI

Did I mention my iPad was bought in the Apple Store in San Francisco? No? Well it was.

Makes me kool as a kipper that does. Kool as a kipper!

John Betjeman? Vintage lenses? Trousers with turnups? Wet weekends in Frinton? Sucking Spangles in the back seats of the Essoldo? Keep 'em all, buddy, keep 'em all - coz this dude's an Apple dude - now wiggle that down yer waistcoat pocket with yer fluffy bits.

Korky

• Like 1

Screen savers are wasteful - with modern operating systems like macOS you have excellent, customisable features within Energy Saver such as Power Nap that means that not only can the screen can be off (saving energy) but the whole system can be asleep (saving even more energy) but still be running essential tasks.

OMG. I point out something that was good fun "in the old days" and you pour a cold water wet blanket all over it. I KNOW screensavers aren't relevant anymore, but once they were, and they were good fun, as anyone who remembers After Dark will testify. Which was the point of my post. I clearly wasn't saying that anyone should have a screensaver now. Jesus Christ. I know they're not relevant these days.