Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FOR iPHONE ENTHUSIASTS AND PHIL

FUJI

I use iPads and  iPhones and I've run a Mac Mini, an iMac and two MacBooks and they have all been superb. I had a screen problem with my Macbook Pro a few weeks ago and Apple's warranty service was absolutely second to none. Without question they have my brand loyalty, but this whole Apple fanboy thing is indeed beyond the pale. I like to think I'm not part of it, but by buying their products I quite possibly am.

Korky

1 minute ago, kev7d said:

It will arrive.

Made my mind up for the iMac order. Definitely going for i7 with 16gb of RAM. I will get more RAM myself to take it to 32Gb. Going for the 3Tb fusion and the biggest 4Gb graphics card. 

Its £160 for Apple to fit 16GB over the standard 8GB - you can buy 32GB outright from Crucial for that and just dump the two original 4gb sticks.

Other than that - got for it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kev7d said:

That analytical tool on Crucial is very good. It removes any doubt.

The other thing to bear in mind (though not in the case  of your spanking new machine) is that "maximum RAM" as quoted by Apple is at best a half truth as time goes by. My own 2011 iMac 'officially' supports up to 16GB RAM but in fact will take 32GB. Crucial, and the free MacTracker app, are more reliable for information.

Edited by ChrisLumix
17 minutes ago, Korky said:

But aren't you an iPad Pro user Mr Fuji?

Korky

Yes!

But I also have  Nokia Windows Phone, and a Sony VAIO Laptop....... I'm looking for an ....iCrumpet Toaster....... though. ?

FUJI

• Like 2

So the finger points at me for being an Apple fanboy eh?  I'll come clean..........

iPhone 4s

iPad Mini

iPad 2 - Bought at the Apple Store in San Francisco - how cool is that? It don't come any cooler than that, Beepster, it just don't come any cooler than that!

iMac & MacBook Pro

Mrs K has an iPad Air which would need to be surgically removed from her tiny hands.

Now, I don't think that makes me a fanboy, just a dedicated user of fine products aimed at poets and artists :thumbup:

Korky

• Like 2