Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

25th September 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh this is embarassing ... only took this one poor pic this day ... We had started our holiday by setting out for Hale,  near John Lennon Airport  to stay overnight as we were flying early next day  from there to Porto .... we went with our friends in their new  Mercedes...  One hour into the journey   we had a puncture... the dashboard lght confirmed  it ...we were on run flats  . we stopped  at Sandbach service station . No spare wheel  in these new cars !  Friend called up Mercedes  who said they would collect car within an hour, arrange a taxi to take us  the rest of the journey ( an hour and a half away)  and arrange  for a taxi to pick us up   in the morning to get us to the airport for our flight .. So far  it seems an efficient operation.. They would then  get a new  tyre  fitted ( it was Sunday by the way)   and collect us  from  the airport when we returned a week later and then take us to the main dealers in Liverpool to collect the car with a new tyre  !! Jeez all this   just because  E U    wants  us to save  fuel carrying the extra weight of a spare wheel in the car .....  Then the M62 was closed  within minutes of  this happening due to an incident so the recovery  truck was stranded  trying to get to us . After two and a half hours the taxi arrived  but the recovery truck was somewhere parked on the closed M6 .We couldn't leave  in the taxi as we had the keys  for the car.The taxi was still waiting for us to  go with him an hour later   ...clock running all the time ...M6  still closed and traffic at a standstill.  Phoned Mercedes  for the 6th  time , by this time  friend had steam emerging from his ears. They suggested leaving the keys with someone ? at the service station  who would give them to the  recovery truck driver when it arrived and the taxi would take us via some back lanes from the service station  to Liverpool!:shock: Erm  ....Was this a good idea I said to friend ....Handing over keys to a complete  stranger !! Oh yes Officer ... my car has been stolen ...erm I gave this man  the keys ... no he was a stranger !

In the end after  four and a half hours  that is what we did,  getting someone who worked  at the service station to speak to Mercedes and agree to take the keys and wait for the truck . We then went to our hotel  in the taxi an hour and a half away, then walked to a pub called the Childe of Hale for a meal we had booked  for  2 hours earlier ! This pic was taken as we walked back  the two miles   to the hotel . By this time I  had had 4 large gins and half  a bottle  of  very nice claret !:wine:

So when I tool this pic ... to be honest ....I didn't give two monkeys what  it would  look like !

Apologies for  this Phil  ... Korks will kill me  ..  verbose  is a word made for me... but I  feel better  for sharing that  with the few people that will see this .  

walking back from the childe of hale.jpg

Archived