Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

LUMBERED and OVER EASY BREAKFAST

FUJI

Even a small town like ours can produce amusing or eye catching observations featuring fellow humans as they go about their daily business..

Just why has that poor lady been lumbered with all that stuff whilst walking?..............Your thoughts very welcome.

The local independent Cafe does well for customers all day long...............here two chaps contemplate the day, with no interaction between them whatsoever between them.

Whilst I quietly and stealthily capture those moments.

FUJI

LUMBERED mono.jpg

BREAKFAST TEA mono.jpg

Love the second one Fuji but I think you are still letting that efex silver blow the highlights to much ( the white vignette does not help) and you need to take control with the control points just redid it with two control points and there is a big difference..great capture but let down by the processing in my opinion Fuji get away from just using  global adjustments.:sofa:

I agree with Paul on this .. Love the second one especially  but I agree with Paul regarding the global use of the filters  as opposed to  using control points ..  You do make me smile though Fooj .... I have this distinct vision of  you tiptoeing in the shadows waiting  to silently scream , " Gotcha " at that opportune moment .  Long may you continue to treat us to your daily adventures... I love 'em. :thumbup:

Thank you all....

An admission.......... I was experimenting with NIK Silver Efex........I deliberately chose this method, because `i quite like it......

'I honestly do use control points...have learned how to resize then copy them, all the way down both main characters in both pics.....mainly increasing contrast and construction.

Noooooo! I never creep about, I am always fully in view of all my chosen subjects....I have learned to meld into the background.....local folks are totally at home with......the man with the camera.......they all acknowledge me with a smile........but sometimes are not aware that I have taken their pic.

I will admit to, recently, becoming quite an expert in Zone Focussing with my Vintage Lenses.....plus A Priority......so it's just a matter of point and click in most cases.

Acknowledging your comments, I will revisit the originals to see what else develops.

CHEERS!

FUJI

#2 for me,; blown highlights and all. It depicts the loneliness of town living.

Living in a small rural town is totally different from living in a larger town. In town living the golden rule is "never make eye contact"! In our little town of Wedderburn, everyone knows everyone else and it can take an hour just to go in the Supermarket to buy a loaf. I love it!

I think for number 1 the lack of a face weakens the image for me? I like the composition in number 2 but the vignette is overpowering and creeps in to the subject area. The chopped off people in the background do not help. :) 

Thank you all for the observations and comments ..........much appreciated and taken on board.

They prove that the way a photograph is processed can alter the perception of the viewer.

I agree with the lack of a face in the first pic, but with a Street work, it is often the case....here other shoppers were in my way as my subject struggled with her burdens.

Going on the thought of Brian..........Perhaps my vignette represents the isolating fog of Small Town Living?

FUJI

Archived