Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

By the stream #1

1 minute ago, Black Pearl said:

That's a lovely first result, be interesting to see how the IR conversion pans out.

Have you used IR bodies before?

Thanks BP; first time for me and I'm loving it. It presents so many more opportunities. I can now see interesting shots where in colour or regular mono there is nothing, and as I become more experienced in recognising how different surfaces react in different conditions the opportunities will multiply.

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Nothing to see here ??? looks like the link has broken

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

I can't see the pic either..........and I'm a big fan of Bill's work. ?

FUJI

Sorry guys, I was trying to replace the original with an improved version and for somehow messed it up.

2 minutes ago, kev7d said:

I think IR images must be a like or dislike kind of genre. I have never been fond of the style but that does not mean I am in the right. 

Well I don't generally like IR colour images. We all have our preferences.

5 hours ago, CMunzel said:

I'm interested in what gear you are using for your infra-red photography, Bill?

As per my blog; 

have just had a Fuji X camera converted to IR. The conversion was superbly handled by Advanced Camera Services in Norfolk. Their comm's were excellent the camera was returned very quickly and fully functioning with no corrections or adjustments needed. The conversion focusses without need for adjustments and the new sensor seems to cost typically about three stops, so hand holding is still practical in most situations.

By shooting RAW and jpeg and setting the jpeg to black and white the image you see on the lcd at the time is WYSIWYG.

It is in fact a Fuji X-1E with an 830nm conversion.

Thank you for the info, Bill.

I have a Nikon D70s, sitting unused, that is supposed to be a good camera to convert. It's probably not viable to send it to Advanced Camera Services from Australia so I think Ill need to find a local mob.

Archived