Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Anker

kev7d

A couple of year back I got myself this little bluetooth speaker. It has quite a quality of sound for its bargain price and size. I just thought I would see what I would come up with when placing it in front of the camera.

28559686844_b09937faba_b.jpg

29181795165_f052144ef7_b.jpg

29075656092_4ba568f52f_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kev,

I think you feel abandoned as I do at times?

I always feel it when not a single comment is received......but then......I realise not everyone is retired with lots if time on their hands....I do my level best to keep up with posts.

Your pics here, dont hold the interest of the viewer, they look like advertising shots.....You have made a darn good job of them though.

FUJI

I agree with FUJI 101%
They are excellent advertising shots. Coming from a marketing background myself, these are the sort of shots that we would have been asking for.
It shows the whole item then the main features in detail.

The Image itself is in my opinion shot very well indeed. nothing blown out which i can see, which in itself isn't easy on such a light coloured item.
The lighting is nicely rounded with no heavy shadows. I think you have done a really good job on the main shot showing a slight shadow under the item so it doesn't look like it is floating in mid air. (a lot of photographers find this hard to do correctly).
Believe me when i say that the amount of shots we received that wasn't shot to anything like this standard.

Excellent group of images. 10/10

Craig
:91_thumbsup:

Missed this too .. Kev has been perfecting this genre of shots for a while  Craig .....especially in the one a day every day challenge . I've commented before on his excellent lighting techniques  . If you get the chance to check out the challenge you'll see a lot of his  " product"  photos ... More often or not they are French aren't they Kev ? .. And yes you're right  . ...I've said before ...;) They look very professional ...  

Thanks folks. Much appreciated - both the positive and negative view points and opinions all help me to think about where to go next. 

What I was trying to achieve with this is not so much an advertising style group of images but more the challenge of getting something out of an object with minimal colour, shape and texture. 

The point of this whole excercise over a few months now has been to get images more or less straight from the camera. Setup. Click. Minimal processing. It is a challenge that I have enjoyed and has presented me with loads of new learning achievements. 

I particularly liked the one you did of the glass and the chilled water jug  ... So it looks like the challenge you set yourself had a very positive outcome ...  What more an we ask of ourselves eh ...  I thought it was a great excercise...and it gave me food for thought .. 

31 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I particularly liked the one you did of the glass and the chilled water jug  ... So it looks like the challenge you set yourself had a very positive outcome ...  What more an we ask of ourselves eh ...  I thought it was a great excercise...and it gave me food for thought .. 

Thanks Polly. That image has been my favourite todate. Again, this was not about advertisement, this was a personal challenge to see what I could get from objects without colour and texture.  This was about getting the best out of my camera. 

28513299384_e59f5c73cc_b.jpg

It was one shot straight out of the tin. Just a slight lift of brightness in Photoshop and a slight sharpening. It all started from a discussion I read on the forum here about in camera v pp. It got me thinking. So I decided to give the one a day a go and use this as my route to keep the pressure on and get some serious learning in the bag. I am still enjoying post processing but the one a day has helped me massively increase my understanding of what is happening inside my camera when I fire that shutter. I am always learning new stuff and it brings great satisfaction.  

I support both in camera images and post processing. But either way, I reckon that the better the shot in camera, the better the end result. :) 

I remember an art teacher telling me years ago ,when I was at school,  never to be really satisfied with a pat on the back  for a job well  done  .. He said, " Complacency ends in stagnation".  Funny how some things really stick in one's mind  eh . Good for you for pushing yourself . ;)

Archived