Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Computerised dogs?

Guest DaveW

Its a good idea but who the hell is going to check that every person who owns a dog has had it chipped?

There is no way this is going to work, not in a month of Sundays. All that will happen is the law-abiding people will go and pay their £20 (amount according to BBC News24) and have their dog chipped whilst Mr & Mrs Hoody won't bother and carry on as normal knowing that there is virtually no chance of them being found out; this has 'Failure' written all over it.

great idea, now lets see  if they get behind this campaign, which will make it worth our while all chipping our pets. At the moment there is no legal responsibilty for vets, police or rescue centres/pounds to actually scan for the chips... and after 7 days they can rehome your pet to someone else legally... chipped or not

http://vetsgetscanning.co.uk/

• Like 1

Apparently those that are chipped now a sizable number has its information either incorrectly entered or not updated

Once chipped the owner forgets about it and moves house without the update

I know only too well the outcome when I chipped the wifes favorite vase So chipping a dog dosnt seem workable too me

Edited by fuzzyedges

Microchipping is compulsory here for dogs - only now enforceable in the last 12 months, after several years of being a choice. What it has done is drive the often, at least I think,irresponsible backyard breeders underground. All puppies offered for sale must be chipped, and Kelly comes under that regime. so why do we still see strange vans and utes in shopping centre car parks - often off in the quieter areas - and people going away with puppies!!!

The effect it had on us, when we were considering taking on a third GSD was that all the nice backyard or home breeders no longer do it because of the cost involved. The cost of a pedigree Shepherd from a registered kennel went up from an average $1000 per puppy, to $1500 per pup. The 'ferals' ain't going to pay that and the puppy farm syndrome will continue unfortunately.

PS: We were lucky. Kelly is from a family bred, 99% pedigree background, fully vet checked and chipped and cost us $400, and we have updated her info.

Myself and my ferret owning friends feel the same.
The rescue which I have been fostering for years was in-undated with unwanted kits and older ferrets because of indiscriminate breeding and we agree that if bonifida breeders got licenced then the underground breeders would go further underground and there would be more interbreeding going on, causing more health problems for the ferrets and also a lot of underhand selling.

Sadly the rescue has close due to the lady's husband being terminally ill and due to her age and the fact that she has been rescuing for over 25 years.
Its people like this who are left to pick up the pieces when too many kits are born and also when people find out that they can't afford the vet bills for things that go wrong or sick ferrets and dump them on a rescue.
Thankfully, more ferret rescues have opened up and are run by younger people, but we still hear of the many sad tales of the state of some of the litters that are handed over or there mother has died through lack of proper care because the owner don't  know what they are doing and are just out to make a quick buck from the kits b ut not to have the vet bills.

All the ferrets that we have owned or fostered have been spayed or if a  young one we have to agree to have it spayed.

There are too many unwanted animals but if there was a licencing law, would it be able to be up-held. I don't think so.
Sorry  for the long post. I will get off my soap box now. :rolleyes:

Edited by NannyFerret