Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Beware!

Guest DaveW

Had a couple of these - best fun I've had in ages.

Seriously, play along, be deliberately awkward, act dumb, tell you have lots of computers with every flavour of Windows, refuse to be drawn into telling them which you use first....then.....then....tell them that actually you use a Mac.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Instant end to the call.

One of the most entertaining five minute phone calls I've had.

• Like 1

Depends on what kind of mood I am in, If I don't recognise the number or if it is International or out of the area I don't answer the phone, if its important they will leave a message.

My favorite is the conservatory one, "Oh! you can fit one onto a first floor flat?, I didn't know sky hooks worked that well. :D

Edited by blackrox
  • Like 1

I get lots of those bank calls or recorded messages trying to get money back for you from one thing or another. I usually leave them on hands free and go off until they have hung up.

I'm seriously thinking about hooking my old answering machine back up.

Neither of my daughters answer their home phones now, as it's the last thing that they want after working all day. If it's urgent we quick them a quick rting on their mobiles and ask them to pick up the landline.

It's it terrible that people have to resort to this just to get a bit of peace after a hard days work?

We tend to ignore all International calls, unless we know a friend or relative is on holiday and might just need help......We can't ignore .....Unavailable ...flagged calls because some come from doctors, hospitals and care workers etc........

But......if I do answer a call I don't want to bother with I carefully place the receiver by the TV speaker......they soon hang up.

FUJI

Got a call at the Metrocentre just before I left telling me all about the fantastic offers available on cavity wall and loft insulation.

Took them about five minutes before they actually asked if we had a loft or cavity walls, until then I played along - such fun.

Ha Ha....somebody else on here is a ..Miranda...fan?

Such Fun!

FUJI

Huh?

Such Fun :yes

And another doing the rounds are emails from Fedex saying their ‘sorry you were out when they tried to deliver a parcel’ there is a link but gawd knows where it goes.

Ask yourself this …

Why did they send an email and not just pop a card through your door,?

And how would Fedex know your email address as it is not something they would need to know when delivering parcels?

Delete!

Edited by colinb

Glad to say we get very little of these sort of calls. Did have a burst of the microsoft ones a while back, but stopped now.The only thing we have had recently were messages on both mobiles, telling each of us 'Congratulations, your number has been randomly selected and you have won one million pounds'!! I wish!

I once was foolish enough to fill in a shopping survey and have received competition letters from abroad ever since. I love the ones that tell you that you have won something and to send a handling fee to release it. In the case of a money prize I once used their prepaid letter and told them to deduct the handling fee and send me a cheque for the balance. I heard nothing more and they have never bothered me again! :smiling: