Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

RNLI Memorial

Guest Lee

Nice shots Lee and if you find a business using your shots get a screen capture as evidence and send them an email telling them to stop using your image. They will usually send you an apology and then you send them an invoice, Keep the price reasonable and they have little choice but to pay as they have used the image and have admitted it by apologising for doing so.

i started posting lesser quality pics onto flickr and fb

What settings do you use to get them to a lesser quality Heather? I'd like to give it a go as adding the watermark is so boring!

Also, many thanks for the comments everyone; I know the RNLI like it 'cos they said so! Shame they don't want to buy it.....but I laid a few hints at their door that there are a few things 'behind the wire', so to speak, that'd love to photograph!

i use the same as i do on here .... under 300px and no bigger than 1024 on the longest side

it wont stop them pinching them to use on the web but it does make it not worth stealing to print in any publication or print off as the quality isnt good enough .

web stealing i just do what Rick suggests. i occasionaly ( when im bored) stick some of my images in google search and see where they pop up. if i find any being used i screen shot and email them as richard said :)

i use the same as i do on here .... under 300px and no bigger than 1024 on the longest side

Thanks Petal!! I'll give it a go.

I do the Google search at times and that's how I found out lots of my pics were being spread around the web. I've still got to hear back from one person who is using one of my pics on his website, don't know where to go if he doesn't reply.

i find an invoice attached to another email or letter if you have their postal address ( or both) explaining that you are not only invoicing them for usage but will continue to add a daily / weekly ( whatever you want use) rate of £.... usually provokes a response of some sort ;)

Lee - great picture but as others have said the watermark spoils it.

To be honest if you are having a watermark make it work for you and rather than 'lee bradbury' plonked right across it stick an email or web address on there, and at least you are giving others the chance to contact you.

One thing we should all remember with pictures taken in such locations as this is there will be many similar photos taken by others - you may think it is yours but there is a chance others had the same idea. A small discreet logo or mark that only you will see/know about can work so much better.

Archived