Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Film 24 Challenge?

Last year, I bought a couple of £1 24 Exp iso 200 Agpha Photos Vista 35mm films (from the local Pound Shop) with intention of doing a sorta Film 24 Challenge. BP mentioned the new Leica M-D and it got me to thinking about the challenge again and so I wondered if anyone would be interested in taking up the challenge?

Only obvious rules - gotta be taken on film - though you can chimp by using your Digital camera much in the same way you used a Polariod in the old film days

It might also be an idea to resurrect the '24' or '36' challenge sometime - where you go out with your usual camera but pretend it's got a roll of film in - so it forces you to think about each shot, and no in-camera processing, no chimping. I remember BP ran one a couple of years ago. 

Okay I was thinking, images to be taken during the first two weeks of June - Wed 1st June and Tue 14th June as we should really be having decentish weather by then - then posted in new individual Film 24/36 threads in this Forum once developed/scanned/processed - just incase they gets a little image heavy. Contact sheets might be nice, if you get them, as would any camera, lens, settings info if you can, might also be interesting to see if you did a digital shot before doing the film shot. But other than that feel free to use any 'Film Camera', lenses, filters, processing etc

If anyone else wants to join in, feel free.

Good to have you in on this Bill. I haven't used my Canon EOS 300 since I got the digital camera, so I'm hoping things that I've learnt using it I can transfer to the 'Film Camera'.

I'm hoping to try each of my lenses, the Canon 24-105mm L, Canon f2.8 100mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm C and even the Venus 60mm Super Macro - though I did have to ask Paul if it could be used on a film camera.

• Like 1

Decisions needed now.  Olympus xa 2, Olympus Om1n, and a Yashica FX-2 I have never used (the back door seems a bit iffy for light tightness!) or pinch the girlfriends old Canon eos 1000 or Dads old Oly mju soom 140 compact thingy, we will leave out the 120 film stuff. will have to get some 35mm film too. Ooh ekk where me light meter!!

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to bump up this thread the other day, but time to dust off your film camera's, dig out your films and take part in the TIPF Film Challange, only photos taken between 1st and 14th June 2016 on film cameras allowed. Post your results in a separate Film 24/36 thread. of your own - as it might get a bit image heavy.

Just loaded my film in and heard the unusual sound of film being rewinded, been awhile since I last heard that.

So just 24 shots - oh my, what have I done............. a bit of a comedown fron using alomst as many shotsas you could fit on a memiry card

Film used Agfa Photo Vista 200, set the camera as iso 400 Apetrure Priority, gonna be interesting

Edited by Ryewolf

Well, I took the first few shots of my 24 yesterday, I was quite surprised just how much more wider view you get in the film camera viewfinder as opposed to crop sensor digital using the same lens... Something I'll need to consider in future shots.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this  whilst trying to catch up on posts on here ....   so   are  you guys posting on here, the results  of your journeys  back in time  ...so to speak .  I have to admit to not having  used  my film cameras now   for  more  years  than I realised.. Quite a challenge ... 

Ooooh I know how easy it is to get behind on these projects ...I 'm still trying to catch upafter my holiday s in May ... Just wanted to make sure i posted so I would get notified when anyone posts on this thread ... Good  Luck anyway everyone ...

• 7 months later...

That's probaly the best reason that a lot of us used when Film was the only way to go ... I  love the immediacy of digital ... though I am tempted  to use film occasonally ...  but not usually for long ... At my age  yer can't hang about  too long waiting for Film to be developed.  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: