Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bradford on Avon

Clicker

I decided to  edit some photos in my enormous in tray .... this is one of 40 or so images I took in October 2012.when staying  overnight in Bradford on Avon    for a break to meetup sister in law  who lives in Poole .. It's about halfway between us  so  only about 80 miles away.so we  go a couple of times every year .. It a pretty place with some nice eateries ...Lovely Bath Stone buildings everywhere.

56b806ba0ae3e_BradfordonAvonHDR1sm.thumb

56b7a4a565158_DSC08997copy.jpg.73e577605

My husband's family come from there and I've been visiting for nearly 50 years. I see it as far more mellow, Polly.. It could be that I'm on my tablet. The stone is a soft saffrom  limestone and there are no hard edges.

I've put up the original Judy ...  It 's all a matter of personal taste I suppose when it comes to editing .:lol:.. I thought it was more mellow than the  original when I pulled the  sky back a tad  ....Thanks for the observation though .... I might pull the detail back a bit   ...just for you ;)

Off to watch  back to back Dickensians now ...My Sunday treat:laughing:

Yeah - the second one is far more like it, Poll. B on A is such a sleepy old woollen town - then Molton Bikes and Dunlop and stuff. It's like stepping back many years when I go there - so mellow that I feel like I'm sleep walking!  I even have some of the stone somewhere. Have taken many walks up to Tory - the setlement on the hill above the town centre.

No problem with the HDR  processing and the image, it just wasn't like B on A to me. The second one is - maybe a touch more detail or something to make it posh - but that's how it is!

Hi Polly. I liked the processing but I think I liked the original better. So I took the liberty of taking your HDR and overlaying it onto your original and reducing the opacity to soften the effect. What do you think? Hope you don't mind!

Polly HDR.jpg

Hi Brian ... Thanks for that ... Of course I have no problem with anyone editing my photos... I'm pleased   If anyone finds them of interest ... As I said to you on another thread recently ... the trouble is I have so many edits of any one pic... I'm never sure which one I like the best ...  Sometimes a photo just gives me an idea of how I'd like something to look ...I don't just want always to replicate a scene verbatim..sometimes the light isn't right  but you just know you could make it realise the potential it has once you get it into photoshop. ...well  maybe eh ? :lol:We all develop our own recognisable styles it seems...  There's just so much to learn all the time out there ..just not enough hours in my days it seems .:no

Thanks again...it looks jolly good... 

I think Brian has done an excellent job of combining the two verions, Polly. It's now pretty close to how it looks to me.

I might dig out my many photos of being there but most of the early ones are of me in a mini-skirt in my 20s :lol:

Archived