Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge #25 - Street Portrait

Weekly Challenge #25  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Weekly Challenge #25

Voting is now closed in this poll

1 hour ago, ChrisLumix said:

I didn't enter because (I may have misunderstood?) it seemed we were not allowed to take candids but had to approach our subject and ask permission for a photograph. I just can't do that.

In my preamble, I suggested that using  a long lens capture someone  wasn't really Street Portraiture, but more.Paparazzi ,......a portrait is usually a head, head and shoulders, or in some circumstances half or full figure......but the main thing is that a portrait photographer should attempt to capture something of the spirit and character of a subject, hence my examples.

FUJI

This competition is a fun thing and can soon deteriorate into nothingness 

My twopenneth 

Responsibility of the previous winner  Set a topic set a poll at the end 

Responsibility of the entrant to post an image something like the title taken within the time limit and post that date 

Responsibility of the voter to vote which is best and represents the title   

Simples lets try and keep it that way 

example 

Title lighthouse 

Anything not displaying the date taken eliminated Anything not taken within the time limits eliminated 

Images, however clever should relate to lighthouses but anything not shouldnt be eliminated

Votes should be cast on the image that displays the title best i.e If there were 7 lighthouses and a horse, the voters should ignore the horse but that is up to the voters to do 

Personally there should be no comments with the image and no comments added between images so a constant flow is seen by the voters but thats just my idea 

38 minutes ago, fuzzyedges said:

I reckon its over and its a tie 

Don't do ties. Voting will remain open until 16:00 tomorrow (Sunday)... And just realised I've still to vote, could've sworn I did it when I set up the poll :stuart:

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Don't do ties. Voting will remain open until 16:00 tomorrow (Sunday)... And just realised I've still to vote, could've sworn I did it when I set up the poll :stuart:

From your rules 

In the event of a tie a new poll will created for a period of 24 hours to determine the outright winner.

Akward in this case but its still a tie until it isnt 

It's Fuji's comp and he should've sorted it this morning.
I'm just in from work and back again tomorrow from 18:00, ending the poll at 16:00 will give me chance to update the site before I have to go. If we still have a tie at that point then a tie it will be with the 2 deciding the next theme between them.

[Edit: With #26 being the last of the Weekly comps no new theme will be started after the completion of #25]

• 1 month later...