Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Heyulp

I have been volunteered to take some shots of my youngests football team to give to sponsors etc, and to be frank, I've no clue :-)

It'll be outdoors (on the pitch),I have a canon 7dd, a 50mm 1.8, a tamron 70-300 f5.6 and a 24-105 l series. Thinking 50mm, have got an off camera flash, but never used it.

Anyone got any advice?

I'm thinking "don't turn up" :-)

I'd probably take all 3 lens and try different things

These 3 images I took with the Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

bowmen-3326.jpg

EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Shooting Mode: Sports Mode
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Aperture: f4
ISO: 125
Focal Length: 40mm

rossendorf-2895.jpg

Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Shooting Mode: Aperture-Priority
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Aperture: f7.1
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 70mm

I suppose it might come down to what the weather is like on the day, I've found the  EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM too be good in all sorts of tricky conditions.

Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Shooting Mode: Sports Mode
Shutter Speed: 1/800
Aperture: f4.6
ISO: 100
Focal Length:70mm

hand-cannon-3409.jpg

Edited by Ryewolf

i did the odd rugby match and found the action would always be at the other side of the pitch from where I stood.

So I would suggest use the 300 for on field shots set to highest shutter speed and ramp up the iso as high as you dare without suffering to much in camera noise.

SRC8.jpg

SRC4.jpg

I'm confused by the term "on the pitch"you are not very specific,as to what type of shots you are being asked to take does this mean you are doing a set up  team group shot if so then I will just cover that as the rest as been covered.

The time of day and amount of light available especially this time of year will dictate the best way forward.

If before 3pm and the light is good then the 24-105 will be fine but if light levels are low then the 50mm f1.8 and moving further back will be the way to go to keep ISO speeds down, in either way be sure to use a tripod. You could also use fill in flash depending on the coverage of your flashgun. Luckily with digital you can preview the results nd adjust accoedingly.

As to posing either mid field so the background will be out of focus or use the goal posts to fame them, possibly nine men inside the goal mouth and one each side leaniing on the outside of the posts.

Try different poses and rember unles in a line watch your aperture to get them all in focus,shoot atf different apertures to be sure.

Edited by OlympusPaul

Thanks everyone, I was thinking the static team shots, but wasn't terribly clear :-)

Shall be trying some action shots too so that helps too. Not used to moving stuff, landscapes tend to stand and wait for me :-)

While not an expert, only having had my dslr for 18 months, I found if the light was fairly good I got some good results using Sports Mode for action shots. Or if I used Aperture Priority with an iso of 800 or 1600, depending again on the light, you could get a high enough shutter speed for action shots.