Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Bit of Birdie Fun....

Kobione

We have a bird bath and water dish outside our computer room window, where we can watch the birds bathing and drinking. Just now we have a very comical baby magpie around. Yesterday was his/her very first really hot day, so what do you do but:

001a.jpg

Sit in the bird water and look silly! Then you just wait until Mum or Dad come along with some food to stuff down your throat, and you don't even get out for that!:

014a.jpg

So, fed and cooled you just sit there and enjoy it!;

010a.jpg

The youngster stayed there and entertained us for quite a while :D

In case anybody is wondering, the rocks are in the water because we also have tiny birds like Pardelotes and Thornbills that come in to drinkg and bathe regularly and it's safer for them.

What I mentioned re the rocks happened shortly after posting this thread so I've added a couple on here. A little gang of Brown-headed Honeyeaters arrived, and our resident Willie Wagtail:

post-15-0-33020100-1357273382.jpg

One of the Honeyeaters a bit closer up.

post-15-0-64292800-1357273391.jpg

KOBIONE, you have excelled yourself here.......all of these are a wonderful record of your local bird life.......your narrative style of writing helps to bring them to life for your readers.

I reckon you could build some kind of hide close to your water fountain.....and invest in a lens to take you even closer.......Why. because what may be every day and mundane to you is totally fascinating to us.....and would be to many others I guess?

Keep 'em coming .....please!

FUJI

Things should get better from this window. We want to set the camera on a tripod and have a remote to take the shots, so we are not so obvious from the outside. Because of the warm waether the water is very much in demand! Annie after this episode the silly baby spent half an hour playing with dried leaves and sticks!

kobione these are great, i love the baby magpie, cant blame him for staying in the water on a hot day...sounds perfect.

the little honeyeaters look like they are great little characters , the last close up of one is a particularly nice shot for me :)

Archived