Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

OPEN WIDE ...

FUJI

Well!

I did it.......ventured out with my cheap-as-chips Wide Angle thingummy over the front of my 14-45 kit lens...............as you can see it works very well.

I enjoyed getting up close and personal with my subjects.

Now that I've practised, I will be taking the set up to our weekly market tomorrow to see if I can get even closer, with a number of subjects being aware and others not.

I think the Painter is my favourite here, I took him completely by surprise, fortunately he didn't chase me of with a tin of Gloss :ermm:

FUJI

THE BOOK MAN mono.jpg

BOXING CLEVER mono.jpg

CONCENTRATION TRIO colour.jpg

THE BRUSH OFF mono.jpg

I was fortunate enough to have them offered to me at a local Charity shop a couple of weeks ago for just £7 each....But, I guess they are easily availably via Ebay?

They are ...MERKURY OPTICS....from Merkuryinnovations.com....Japanese innovation made in China...they are metal and glass not cheap plastic.

Here is the specification...off the box side.

0.45x high defintion wide angle lens....High-Index/low dispersion optical glass...Anti Reflection coating.....High speed Auto Focus/infra red compatible

Lens case included....Filter Diameter: 62mm.........Mount thread: 52mm....

As an extra bonus, the unit divides, producing a handy Macro accessory.

The other box looks exactly the same, but with a High Definition2X Telephoto lens....with the same filter and mount threads as above.....I haven't tried this yet. 

Many photographers sneer at this kind of thing, but with a little thought (like the Raynox) they can produce the goods:

FUJI

I'm loving the chess players too, 

they are all great Fuji, nice and clean and sharp. Now the challenge is to get in a little closer. Feels weird and intrusive sometimes but worth the effort. I also like that the wider lenses are smaller which can be less intrusive (unless you are putting it in someone's face)

love #3

the others I'm not too sure on?

does the add on lens not put too much pressure on the lens?

My worry too, which is why I've held off getting a Raynox.

I was fortunate enough to have them offered to me at a local Charity shop a couple of weeks ago for just £7 each....But, I guess they are easily availably via Ebay?

They are ...MERKURY OPTICS....from Merkuryinnovations.com....Japanese innovation made in China...they are metal and glass not cheap plastic.

Here is the specification...off the box side.

0.45x high defintion wide angle lens....High-Index/low dispersion optical glass...Anti Reflection coating.....High speed Auto Focus/infra red compatible

Lens case included....Filter Diameter: 62mm.........Mount thread: 52mm....

As an extra bonus, the unit divides, producing a handy Macro accessory.

The other box looks exactly the same, but with a High Definition2X Telephoto lens....with the same filter and mount threads as above.....I haven't tried this yet. 

I've found every filter size for the 'super wide' except 43mm, but there ARE 43mm Merkury filters (PL etc) and a Merkury telephoto. Out of luck I guess.

Archived