Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Leaf blowers

fuzzyedges

Leaf blowers?

I call them.....Peace Polluters.......especially in the park......they sound like a gang of youths on motor scooters.

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who use almost silent disability scooters.......I always joke with them that all disability scooters should be fitted with .....Leaf Sweepers......Grass Cutters.....Rollers......Mini Snow Ploughs in season........it would have twofold benefits.......the riders would be doing something useful and the local parks and paths would look nicer.

Besides that disability scooters should be fitted with rear running boards, so that we seniors not having one could hitch a lift, or have shopping delivered home ..........it such a waste seeing them tootle about doing nothing.

FUJI

FUJI

Sorry, but we use a leaf blower every day we do our mowing job, otherwise I would have to rake the grass up from 10 factory gardens! Must say we don't bother anybody though, as that's one of the reasons we work on a Sunday, and we are as responsible as conditions allow, only blowing the mown grass back on to our own job lots - not down the drains or across the road!

Do think that in a situation as shown, to leave the fallen leaves would be more beneficial to the ground, surely.

I can see what you mean Kobione.....

As a point of interest, I have a patented hedge cutter called a.......Garden Groom.....it works just like a rotary grass mower but with the revolving blades covered by a wide mesh that allows most twigs through......it best feature though is its huge cuttings collection bag that is connected via a large diameter Gortex hose that inflates when the machine is used.........I'm sure that a similar grass vacuum could be invented to work in exactly the same way.

Google....Garden Groom to see what I mean.

FUJI

P.S. I'm up too blooming early this morning.......blasted BP Medication!

to leave the fallen leaves would be more beneficial to the ground

The leaves are there for quite a while until they are gathered up (plenty of time to play) then they are deposited into a big pile, out of the way, for mulching It tidies the park and provides mulch for the walled gardens

Archived