Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Have just calibrated my monitor

Hi all.

Just acquired a Huey Pro Cablibration device.

Have run it one, and woooahh it made a massive difference to my screen.

So I ran it again, and got the same result.  In fact it made SO MUCH difference I am worried it is wrong!

Below is the photo of Wheal Coates I posted in the week.

untitled-56-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Now I have run the Huey, this image has a strong green tinge to it, there is no blue in the sky and it is very warm.

The attached image has been colour balanced after I calibrated my screen.  This has blue in the sky and is a little cooler.

All I want to know is if you lot are seeing what I am seeing, and only, if your screens are calibrated!  

Any input appreciated.

post-212-0-04047900-1427052079.jpg

Something like this happened when I recently calibrated my monitor properly for the first time.......it made many of my shots look different.

Question?

Before calibrating, did you leave you monitor on for an hour or so, in the light you normally use?

Apparently, calibrating a cold monitor in different light can cause variations.

I suggest, that you carefully read instructions for your Calibrator, then do it again.......if you get the same results, then you will need to reprocess any affected shots to get the results you like.

Cheers!

FUJI

Yes, I'm seeing that the attached picture is cooler and there is much more blue in the sky. 

But... I VASTLY prefer the original warm one, which though a little greener doesn't appear excessively so.

+1

I would ask you Matt which version do you thinks represents 'true' colours of the scene at the time? 

Edited by colinb

Thanks all.

Fuji, my monitor had been on for a good few hours before calibration, I have since repeated the process a number of times and printed a color chart on a calibrated printer for comparison, it seems I am not calibrated correctly.

Colinb, the second, cooler image is more how I saw the scene at the time, however the first is closer to how I intended the image to look.  When I printed this image before it was far too red and looked like a tin mine on Mars!  

Colinb, the second, cooler image is more how I saw the scene at the time, however the first is closer to how I intended the image to look.  When I printed this image before it was far too red and looked like a tin mine on Mars!  

That's almost certainly your printer. They are notorious for not matching what you see on the computer (unless you have really expensive one). I've got used to the quirks on mine, and I have a Photoshop 'action' that changes the colour of the image so it prints correctly. Obviously I don't then save the changes!