Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Band

My brother-in-law wanted some new promotional shots taken for his band - they're a country, blues type of combo with him doing all the writing.

The brief (as much as there was one) was for a rustic, old fashioned and a bit gritty kind of look with shots of them as a group and a few individual shots. They'll be used as artwork in their upcoming new album and for posters, online promotions etc.

We picked an old railway restoration come siding not too far from us (Tanfield if you're interested) as we had the feeling it would make a great setting with a railroad, western feel. Have to say we had a bit of fun and I'm quite happy with these quick edits. Not entirely sure we were meant to be where we were but a couple of the guys wandered past to see what we were up to and didn't say anything so what the heck.

Mixture of Nikon D300s with my AF-S 16-85mm VR & AF-S 70-300mm VR plus the K30 with my fav SMC-F 50mm f1.7.

I'll go through the whole lot when I have time and supply him with a set of simply processed images with just basic tweak. A set of grittier ones like these and a whole heap on mono images. It'll be up to him and the band then to use what they want.

Comments welcome as these are still very much a work in progress.

I particularly like the third one in the old carriage, and the second one with the instruments which shows them as musucians rather than just people.

The first one, although I really like the processing, is giving one person total dominance over the others which may or may not be appropriate.

The last one (or is it two) got me for a moment until I relised it's the same shot with different people. Interesting but five versions of it might not work. Five versions with the people behind different parts of the train might work though, it's an interesting concept.

Thanks - I'll be working on the whole shot over the next few days so advice is greatly appreciated.

They wanted matching single shots so I shot them at a few locations meaning they can mix & match if they feel the need.

It is the lad in the middle of shot one's band - quite literally The Tony Bengtsson Band so the feeling was for some shots to reflect this.

It is the lad in the middle of shot one's band - quite literally The Tony Bengtsson Band so the feeling was for some shots to reflect this.

That makes sense but I wonder if the railway carriage shot with him in the foreground is enough dominance (excuse the use of the word but I hope you get what I mean), rather than pushing the others into the background.   I'm with you on providing a variety for them to choose.

Going by the ones you've shown us, I reckon you've done them proud.

I think they look great and I'm sure they'll be thrilled with the results.

For me, shot 2 is the best - made all the better by the fact that a couple of band members are holding guitars. If I had to make a criticism, it'd be aimed at that first aid sign, it just dominates the picture and take attention away from the band.

A great bit of work there, BP. Well done!

Korky

Thanks.

The sign will get cloned out so the bands logo can go against the wall unhindered in the final edit. I've a few groupings and poses as I think this could be an album cover (all posed with a 1:1 crop in mind) because the band loved the location.

This sort if thing is well outside my comfort zone - landscapes don't usually need posing or arranging - so I'm far from being confident these are right.

a superb set BP just a few thoughts...

I'm not sure about the  'buffers' just looks a bit complicated compared to the others.

The carriage shot is great but slightly spoilt by the chap on the right-hand side face being part covered but a good idea.

The 2nd and 4th are spot on especially with a change to the first aid sign you mention

but I absolutely love the 1st which I think would make a great album page with space for track listings etc down each side.

Good work :clap:  :clap:  :bow:

They are all well taken BP

are you just using one or combining them like postcards spread over a table at diffrent angles

If you pushed me into a corner for one it would be 1 but I can see bugs point of view if it was the only image used

They wanted a few images to use for either promo stuff or possibly for their next album insert - they don't have much money so I got roped in as the family snapper.

I've no idea if these are what they are after as I'm not a people photographer so I just went with what I can do and crossed my fingers. I feel I can balance the elements of any shot well, I know enough about lenses and their affect on an image to incorporate creative DoF and I understand file processing in a way that I can get a look I think they'll be happy with - the rest is beyond my scope.

Wonderful pictures BP...got your special stamp all over them, the band will love these.

If I had to chose one picture it would be shot two for me. The inclusion of the guitars really makes the shot.

Great set BP and they should really be over the moon with them, you did really well.

Although they are all very good I love the first two most of all, have you thought of a bleach bypass effect on the second one to give it a even more period feel to it.

havent really got any feedback to give that hasnt already been said but i love these BP and i can honestly say i think these would stand up very well against many "professionally taken" album cover/insert pictures ive seen 

Archived