Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I don't only shoot cars going round in circles :)

Great action shots but I only looked at one of them larger (which is a shame) as you've posted them with an embedded URL which throws you off TIPF every time you click on one - very irritating.

You're not using Safari, BP? I get a new tab opening, but the TIPF tab stays open too.

This has come up before here and on every other photographic forum so I know I'm not alone. 

Members do not like to be taken to another page when they are using a particular site. We are all here because this is TIPF and we enjoy being a part of TIPF. Getting flung here, there and everywhere is not only very irritating it spoils the experience of TIPF.

It is very easy to post an image here and (more importantly) keep members here when they wish to view an image at the original size. You can either use out own (free) hosting space or simply take out the URL part of the link from other hosting sites. 

Obviously you don't have to but it would be better for all if you could.

This has come up before here and on every other photographic forum so I know I'm not alone. 

Members do not like to be taken to another page when they are using a particular site. We are all here because this is TIPF and we enjoy being a part of TIPF. Getting flung here, there and everywhere is not only very irritating it spoils the experience of TIPF.

It is very easy to post an image here and (more importantly) keep members here when they wish to view an image at the original size. You can either use out own (free) hosting space or simply take out the URL part of the link from other hosting sites. 

Obviously you don't have to but it would be better for all if you could.

I know what you mean - I'm a member of several forums, and some people post links to other sites. I find I usually ignore them, as it's hard work chasing links around when you've decided to spend some time at - e.g. - TIPF.

Look at it another way, simple to consider really.

People like me use photobucket for uploading, the only way I can post is to copy and paste the link in the forum, NOT to "Take" people away but to paste/post the image, the image is then ON the forum, simple, don't click on it, you can see it

That is what I do, and when you click on it you are taken to YOUR photo bucket site, some appear to have a problem with that

Img_3558.jpg

Using the IMG tab

That seems to have worked out ok - it's big enough not to have to click on. But there's probably yet another option?

I think the point being made here is when clicking on a members picture to view a 'large' version you are sometimes taken off site to view, which is annoying especially if the link does not open a new page. Photobucket now include a url link within the img posting, something I and others always remove to enable viewing of the large version on the chosen site. 

I'm assuming Photobucket has chosen to do this to help increase their viewing numbers for commercial reasons and yes it is annoying, but it only takes a few seconds to remove. 

Archived