Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Seaham Today

David

Great shots David,  #2 is my favourite. Boats and water always make for a good picture in my mind. I'm looking at it and thinking how I would process it from raw if it was my shot; a bit of sharpening,clarity & vibrance, boost the colours a little, get rid of that yellow thing in the water, paint a bit of light on the boat and dock. Hmm, that's a good shot, beginning to wish I'd taken it! :yes

Praise indeed...thanks Martyn.

That was the most colourful boat moored up. Just so happened to be under the rather run down fishing huts. I thought they paired up well. I know what you mean about the yellow buoy in the water though, I should have taken it out. In the raw image, the colours were given a slight extra vibrance and just a touch of clarity. As for the light I thought there was just enough present in the shot for the boat to stand out against the darker harbour walls, an interesting observation though :)

Praise indeed...thanks Martyn.

That was the most colourful boat moored up. Just so happened to be under the rather run down fishing huts. I thought they paired up well. I know what you mean about the yellow buoy in the water though, I should have taken it out. In the raw image, the colours were given a slight extra vibrance and just a touch of clarity. As for the light I thought there was just enough present in the shot for the boat to stand out against the darker harbour walls, an interesting observation though :)

David, I viewed your picture large, I then downloaded it and had a play with it in Lightroom. I was about to re-post it here to show you what I meant by "painting a bit of light", when I saw that you do not allow members to edit your pictures. I will not post the picture without your express permission. If you choose not to respond to this post I will not be the least bit offended; as you say in your signature line, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I still think this is a cracking shot; if I was doing POTW it would be on my short list!

Its a good set David - that sun through the clouds one is great - I always seem to see that sort of thing from the A1, and I believe I'm not supposed to just stop and get the camera out :-)  The boats and water made me think - have you ever been to Paddy's Hole at Teesmouth? surprisingly photogenic area considering its behind the blast furnace!!

Thanks festcu. It makes me imagine a giant magnifying glass behind the clouds burning a hole in them

I haven't been there. I have been to Redcar a few times, but never actually been to Teesmouth. I take it its near Redcar?

Thanks David, I just used a soft brush to add a little more exposure and clarity to the boat and selected areas around it. In my eyes it just adds a little extra interest and texture to the already good picture.

I've just posted one of my own pictures on another forum where folks tend say what they think; they say they like the picture but my processing sucks, all a matter of taste I suppose.

20131206-Davidsboat_zps894221dd.jpg

Aye, down redcar way, might even be worth a little meet up one day

actually, we could have a north east meet if people were up for it

That sounds like a great idea festcu, I would be up for that :)

Thanks Kobi, I am quite lucky in having the coast a 10 min drive away and the dene on my doorstep

And Martyn, I wouldn't say your processing sucks but to my eye the colours look a little bleached on the boat, and the lighter wall has flattened the image slightly. But if I hadn't seen, and taken the original the original I probably wouldn't have noticed that. I think its a decent attempt but maybe a little more subtlety would have made it a better image

And Martyn, I wouldn't say your processing sucks but to my eye the colours look a little bleached on the boat, and the lighter wall has flattened the image slightly. But if I hadn't seen, and taken the original the original I probably wouldn't have noticed that. I think its a decent attempt but maybe a little more subtlety would have made it a better image

Thanks for your comments David, all part of the learning curve for me. Subtlety is something I'm not good at, I'll use a smaller hammer next time! :rofl:

Thanks mrwall.

The rainbow shot does lack in composition but I put it up 'cos I got wet and cold taking it! Haha

I actually really like 4...even though I was trying to pan the seaguls and failed, but I think the sharp shadows contrast well with everything else being slightly blurred...I would call it artistic if it hadn't been so accidental lol

And yes Martyn I am just starting to introduce subtlety into my pp too and find its suprising what little tweaks can do to improve an image. But I find its hard because the differences aren't always obvious if you know the shot really well and have a finished look in your mind...if that makes sense

Archived