Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Norway Express (+ HDR Trial Results)

johntwo

Thanks Denis, thanks Gareth.

Two images made from a single exposure Gareth.  I use an App. called SNS Home for the occasional exposure that would benefit from some tone mapping but it is capable of producing this sort of image as well.  These days with some careful exposure, I mostly manage using the PS Shadows/Highlights tool.

15 minutes ago, johntwo said:

These days with some careful exposure, I mostly manage using the PS Shadows/Highlights tool.

Yes.  I must admit I mostly just use the Lightroom Highlights & Shadows sliders on single exposures.  I've got Photomatix and Aurora HDR but I find that for "real" HDR with multiple exposures, the Lightroom 'merge to HDR' function gives the most realistic-looking results.

That's why I chose SNS.  I trialed three different Apps that were popular at the time - Oloneo, Photomatix and SNS HDR.   Oloneo didn't handle the Shadows well.  Photmatix was a bit light overall and a bit over saturated (greens and yellows) but I'm sure some tweaking in P.S would have produced a perfectly acceptable result because all of the detail was there.  SNS produced the goods straight out of the box with a very natural looking image.  In case anybody is interested, I have posted the results below .  The test used three images all made from the original; one to correct the highlights, one to correct the shadows and a neutral image before being combined.

1. Original Image

1167725713_LandscapeOriginal.JPG.2b73707c93aaccb93cf832dc63fbf2b0.JPG

2. Oloneo result.

400287188_OloneoLanscapeTrialOutput.jpg.da16a6dde51ab2403e1bc5bca9a16491.jpg

3. Photomatix Result

485282386_PhotomatixLanscapeTrialOutputjpg.jpg.eed78b12a4d37a096a9c937b76decf0f.jpg

4. SNS Result.

1585979547_SNSLandscapeTrialOutput.jpg.8619dcae71702586bb39f2af576a67a5.jpg

I like the train especially because it reminds me very much of the pictures in those heavy cardboard books for infants.... bright, clear and colourful....

Perhaps you should have a go at an....ALPHABET.... picture series done in exactly the same style ?

Not sure where you’ll find a Zebra though ??

FUJI

Thanks Fuj, thanks Denis. Missed these.  At the time I bought it, the SNS app. was by far the least expensive of the three but unlike Photomatix, it won't easily produce the extreme HDR effect that became briefly popular a while back.  I use it occasionally for correcting the tonal range of an image.

Archived