Clicker

Classics at Coventry continued ...

I remember the first time I saw one of these in the 60's ....it was a car you just could not ignore .....

1854550711_grassandetypeed3ls.thumb.jpg.d009485ea6012bb6cbc7f5de83787325.jpg

• Like 4

Nicely done.  Not every textured overlay would work without detracting from the cars beautiful finish but this one works for me.

• Like 1

Thanks John ....    The background was  rubbiish so I did a motion blur on a layer and  a vintage overlay at  just 25% opacity. Oh and I  removed the sign on the windscreen ....

For those who are interested .... here is the original ...

1760160182_DSCF7985ed1sorig.thumb.jpg.cbb249e7657101a9d45272bc6b856072.jpg

What a piece of kit, eh? If I were to slide into driver's seat, I'd need a small winch to get me out again!

A very nice bit of PP work there, suits the subject really nicely.

Did you buy it?

Korky

….  and you removed the drip tray.  What a shame that it needs it.

Just about every car has one underneath it there John ... It was a marble floor...

Thanks Korks ....Buy It ?????? What on earth makes you think  i could get into the driving seat  without doing irreparable harm to myself  !!
:lol:

When I was about 19 I was going out with a girl and our social evenings were spent in our local pub. The landlord said why don't you take her out and I told him she wouldn't ride pillion on my Bonneville. He chucked the keys to his E Type at me and said bugger off somewhere! So we did, and that was the one and only time I ever drove one😎

What a great story Denis...  the question is ... was it the girl or was it the car that sent you pulse racing .....?😉

An impressive piece of editing there!

I think I had the "Dinky toy" version... many years ago.

Thanks Gareth.... As you can see from the original Photo .... I had to edit and manipulate  the image,  in my opinion, to allow the  beauty    of the lines and shape of the  car to be shown in a way where there were no distractions ... like fire  extinguishers etc . Not everyone agrees with this and I respect that  view   .... however  maybe I should have posted this under manipulated  images on reflection.....🤔

13 hours ago, Clicker said:

What a great story Denis...  the question is ... was it the girl or was it the car that sent you pulse racing .....?😉

The Bonneville came first, the girl a close second as she was a very petite, pretty, blue eyed blond, The E Type ? well lets say I was a bit too young to appreciate it. Too firm a drive, and felt to me to be tail heavy into bends.

• Like 1

I see in yesterday’s press they re  going to make the electric version here... to order ...and upgrade existing ETypes  for those rich enough  to have the cost of a detached house as spare change in their back pocket !!!!

Ooops. Just noticed that  I’d knocked off  a wing mirror during the post processing ...  grrrr