Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Todays Bugs at Astley Park

Ryewolf

The first is a Common Green Capsid - Lygocoris pabulinus

common-green-capsid-4285.jpg

A Bee in the walled garden

bee-4299.jpg

A Greenbottle drinking nectar...

greenbottle-4308.jpg

A wasp? It could be a bee they both have the simple eye between the two main eyes...

wasp-4309.jpg

What a crackin’ Set Rye .... was Korks with when you took these as it looked like you two were meeting up .?.. I bet he was a dab hand with a machete ,,, hacking a path through the undergrowth for you to find these beasts ... ?  love that greenbottle  pic ... fantastic iridescent colouring ...

Thanks Clicker. Yes Korky was with me, we did have a bit of a meet up, he had a go with my macro setup - he's now resting as with camera, tube, lens and ring flash it can get a bit weighty. No need for hacking a path, you just look for the native plants and the bugs are usually there - photographing them is a different matter - as Korky found out today. You also need to keep your eyes open, like FUJI with his street photography in Stratford. So I was going , ohh look there's one, that's another, look a scorpion fly, a hoverfly, a capsid bug.....

The greenbottle really is superb - you gave the impression of not having much success and then you go and turn out a set like this. Git!

I had a great afternoon watching one of TIPF's macro masters.

Korky

Thanks Korky, I did say bug hunting is a bit hit and miss and you never know what you've got till you get home and view on a big screen. Plus 4 out of 40 images is pretty low, I'd normally expect to get at least 8-12.

What Korky isn't saying is that he produced one of the best deliberate camera movement shots I've seen - and his initial thought was to delete - and he kept that hidden....

Thanks Chrissy, Barbara and John.

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

by the time I have focused the little buggers are gone

It happens to me all the time, there were a couple of interesting flying things that I saw but wasn't quick enough.

Archived