Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tiger Tiger Burning Bright

Just wonderful Paul.......influenced by our Pauln no doubt?

FUJI

Thank you Fuji, I saw first saw this type of processing done by a Hungarian photographer of a gorlilla in captivity  ten years ago which was a very emotive image and it has stuck in my mind ever since,although I have seen pauln's images here which gave me the idea to revisit the process I tried a long time ago and I have nothing but spare time on my hands. :)

I have been impressed by your photos Paul ...and it seems churlish of me to find any fault with  this  profile of a majestic  animal  but ...if it were mine I think I would have  highlighted  the cornea of his eye as it is such an important part of the look of a tiger.( and here's me still not even posted a pic yet ... :blushing: )

It is only my  take on it and others may well disagree. See what you think ...... I'll be hiding behind the sofa !! :unsure:

post-1182-0-23395100-1426793416.jpg

I have been impressed by your photos Paul ...and it seems churlish of me to find any fault with  this  profile of a majestic  animal  but ...if it were mine I think I would have  highlighted  the cornea of his eye as it is such an important part of the look of a tiger.( and here's me still not even posted a pic yet ... :blushing: )

It is only my  take on it and others may well disagree. See what you think ...... I'll be hiding behind the sofa !! :unsure:

attachicon.gifpaul silks tiger2.jpg

Thank you Clicker no need to hide behind the sofa i am not precocious about my images ;), I think you have completely rebuilt the eye because the cornea of tiger does not reflect much light just the iris and also the pupil of the eye is much smaller and it is now much larger and also in the wrong position for a profile view. but we will call it artistic licence. :)

159487114.jpg

But I will increase the intensity of the reflected light in the iris after seeing your edit. :)

Nice. Coincidentally I'm actually reading Alfred Bester's "Tiger! Tiger!" right now.

Thank you Chris I hope you enjoy the book.

Thank you Clicker no need to hide behind the sofa i am not precocious about my images ;), I think you have completely rebuilt the eye because the cornea of tiger does not reflect much light just the iris and also the pupil of the eye is much smaller and it is now much larger and also in the wrong position for a profile view. but we will call it artistic licence. :)

Must come from all those years working in Ophthalmology! ;)  :laughing: 

The dark crescent isn't actually the pupil though ... it's the clear area between the slightly bulbous cornea and the iris ...It just shows up more I think as I  have accentuated the very fine line that shows the edge of the cornea ...anyway....  I'm sure you're right  that in that enhancing something  to make it more defined  or more  visible with PP  is artistic licence.... I  do it with every photo I'm afraid... probably because I cannot always rely on my skills as a photographer to capture what I see as well as I should ... ah well   back to school  for me  maybe  eh? :book:

Did you find him locally  or were you on Safari...?.. It would be nice to see him in colour too ...there is something very striking about Tiger  colours even though I love the drama  of a the black and white image ..

Glad you didn't mind me messing with your image .... just a bit of fun :fun:

Must come from all those years working in Ophthalmology! ;)  :laughing:

I'm sure you're right  that in that enhancing something  to make it more defined  or more  visible with PP  is artistic licence.... I  do it with every photo I'm afraid... probably because I cannot always rely on my skills as a photographer to capture what I see as well as I should ... ah well   back to school  for me  maybe  eh? :book:

Did you find him locally  or were you on Safari...?.. It would be nice to see him in colour too ...there is something very striking about Tiger  colours even though I love the drama  of a the black and white image ..

Glad you didn't mind me messing with your image .... just a bit of fun :fun:

No problem and I do like your version, and  like you I very often use artistic licence to make it how I saw it in my minds eye when taking it.:)

It is a Sumatran Tiger and was took at Dudley zoo a few years ago, here's the original colour version for you.

original.jpg

Fabulous shot ... Agree with RonL... Love it in colour even more Paul.

I took some pics of the big cats years ago at the Safari park in the Kidderminster area... Will have to hunt them out....or maybe it's a good excuse to try out my new camera and go back there.

Archived