Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BOSOM PALS

FUJI

I am absolutely loving my GX7/SIGMA 30-2.8 lens combination......the lens is as sharp as a tack wide open.........

Just one of the scenes spotted at our local market this afternoon:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-89806500-1423770843.jpg

Very well seen - the image does indeed have a certain tenderness about it.

What are you doing to your B&W processing these days? They seem to have lost a little punch.

Korky

A very intersting observation and comment Korky.....

Explain please, I am trying to figure out what you see that I don't ...............The only difference, as far as I can see, is that it is a particularly sharp rendering because of the lens I was using.

I gave processed this, to emphasise the main subjects by slightly lightening the background, plus adding just a touch of Gaussian Blur to get rid of very intrusive shiny cafe furniture along the rear of the shot.

I did wonder if I had gone a bit too light on the chap's face, but look closely and he seems to have some kind of dark mark on his cheek, it was thus I was trying to to be kind about.

I had never seen him in town before, so think he was passing through and just waiting for a bus.

FUJI

Fooj

This image just appeared a little wishy-washy to me - your mono work usually has a good, old wallop to it that this seems to lack.

Perhaps lightening the background was the wrong way to go, so I've taken the liberty of doing a 3 minute edit. Nothing fancy, just my usual B&W twiddles and a bit of dodging and burning. I think it's made a big difference, but feel free to tip it out the window should you wish.

There's nothing wrong with the sharpness of the image, just (to my eye, anyways) it lacked a bit of zip. And there's certainly nothing wrong with the subject or the composition, they're spot-on.

Korky

Fooj

This image just appeared a little wishy-washy to me - your mono work usually has a good, old wallop to it that this seems to lack.

Perhaps lightening the background was the wrong way to go, so I've taken the liberty of doing a 3 minute edit. Nothing fancy, just my usual B&W twiddles and a bit of dodging and burning. I think it's made a big difference, but feel free to tip it out the window should you wish.

There's nothing wrong with the sharpness of the image, just (to my eye, anyways) it lacked a bit of zip. And there's certainly nothing wrong with the subject or the composition, they're spot-on.

Korky

Cheers Korky,

I like your edit very much.....thanks.

What I find a bit worrying is that most of my previous mono editing was done whilst I was still suffering from very serious vision problems, and.......and.......AFTER ;-) ......I calibrated my monitor recently for the very first time.

Perhaps I'm seeing things far too cleanly and perfectly now?

I will do my best to adjust, I promise.

Oh, yes......I must also admit to being rather taken by the silvery effect on mono shots using Silver Effex which I can't afford.....

I was trying to emulate it using just CS6 .

I will have another crack at the original.....watch this space.

Cheers!

FUJI

Thanks Ron,

I thought that too at first, then a closer look at his clothes, they are splatered with paint, so he could just have been a decorator waiting for a lift home....difficult to tell really.

Anyhow....to please our Korky, here is a re-worked verson.......hope it rings his bells?

Best viewed LARGE....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-66210500-1423843551.jpg

Archived