Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Leap!

VWGolf

I'm hoping it's well on the way to being mended by now.  When he was 5 months old, he leapt off the garden bench, and as he jumped, his back left leg slipped down between the slats.  He did cry.  Broke his leg just above his knee. Cannot be plastered because of where the break is (cats walk on tip-toe with their legs crouched) and they considered pinning it - at a cost of £2000 and I didn't have him insured (I do now, but of course it doesn't cover that accident). 

So he's been confined to a kitten pen for the last five weeks.  He's now allowed out for an hour a day but I think the vet probably imagines him sedately walking around the flat.  He doesn't!  He hurtles round with a kitten's energy and I hope that he isn't making things worse.  His last x-ray showed the bone had started knitting together.  So fingers crossed that next week's visit to the vet shows him to be well on the road to recovery and that he doesn't have the limp forever.

I don't think he would attempt a jump like that if he was in any pain or discomfort......I am guessing, that being a very healthy kitten, his bones are still hardening off anyway, so would knit together very quickly.

Eleven years ago when my now seventeen year old Birman had a hind leg rebuilt after it was torn off by a loose greyhound, she was only too pleased to be allowed to rest in her convalescence cage....she hardly moved for three months.

It was a terrible injury though, now you wouldn't even know anything had happened to it, even at 17 she still leaps about after a laser penlight beam ( the lazy man's way of excersising an old moggie ;-)

Is your moggie a Birman, or a Siamese please?

Whichever........I WANT him ;-)

FUJI

He's a chocolate-point Siamese, Fuji.  I got him without a pedigree, as I was desperate for another after my 14 year-old sealpoint died last September.  I am animal mad and always had cats, dog, tortoises, aviary and pond ful of creatures, and since moving to this retirement flat, had only one cat left.  It was awful, having no-one to come home to, so I bought the first Siamese kitten I could find.  (I used to breed and show colourpoint cats, so know how to pick out a healthy kitten.)  I bought him without his pedigree papers, and I've no idea how he measures up to the breed standards, but he's perfect for me - alert, intelligent and full of mischief!  Also very affectionate and his favourite pasttime is showing off!  Either balancing on top of the bedroom door (before his mishap he used to climb) and walking on a lead, where every other person we met out on the street would stop to make a fuss of him. 

What a horrible injury for your Birman - so glad she recovered from it.  It's amazing how animals cope with injuries and afflictions that would see a human restricted, but animals carry on pretty much as normal.  I expect that's so they don't get singled out as a potential meal for a predator.

Baz's laser pen is shut away in the drawer until he's fully better.  They are amazing toys for them.  He soon worked out that the light came from the pen in my hand, and I've seen him knock it off the sideboard sometimes, as if he's trying to get it to play with him!

lol - you only think you want him but I'd bet he'd be on the next train back again.  I love him dearly, but he can be quite hard work.  It's the first time in many years since I've had a single kitten, so he has no siblings to play with. Instead, he expects me to drop everything and play with him.  Or he 'helps' me with what I'm doing.  Good job I don't have to go to work full time nowadays!  ;-)

Pics:  Baz on the door and Baz wearing his coat (to which his lead attaches)

post-52-0-60762400-1423824854.jpg

post-52-0-80663500-1423824861.jpg

Archived