Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

First pic using flash triggers

VWGolf

For some reason, I wasn't able to post this picture in the technical thread about flash triggers, so here it is.  My first photo using the Yongnuo flash triggers.  (The kitten had to be wrestled to the floor as he had just been let out of his kitten pen, where he's supposed to be recuperating from his broken leg, though you'd never know, the speed with which he leaves it!)

Still have more to learn about the flash triggers, but certainly easier than using the commander mode on my Nikon D750, as line of sight isn't always possible.  This picture was taken with flash bounced off the ceiling on manual settings.  Am looking forward to practising on some humans!

post-52-0-86227700-1423583834.jpg

Thank you all :-)  Yes, I am very pleased with the new triggers and hopefully will get a bit more expert in using them as I go along.

Yesterday, my friend was here and he held the cat still whilst I photographed him.  But today he's at work and I'm alone with the cat.  I set up the lights and put him in place for a few more pictures, but he went hurtling round the room at his usual 100mph (despite his broken leg!).  He managed to knock over the backdrop and one of the flash guns, but I did manage to get one candid shot of him that I'm pleased with, especially as by his position he was backlit (flash bounced off the ceiling) and it looks like window light.

post-52-0-21866600-1423664507.jpg

That is a beautiful cat and you have managed to light them superbly using those flash triggers.

Hope you do not mind me playing but I could not resist replacing the background on the last one. :)

post-970-0-68742400-1423737246.jpg

Thank you, all :-)

I love what you two have done with the picture.  I often square mine off, but needed it upright to capture the teddy.  I love the bokeh background and could square that one off.

And I especially love Fuzzy's version - why didn't I think of that?  Especially as on Flickr, my subtitle for the picture is:

"Honestly, Mum - I'm just looking for a library book. I wasn't going to touch that teddy bear that I'm not allowed to play with!"

Please would both of you tell me how you made your selections?  :-)

Thank you, all :-)

"Honestly, Mum - I'm just looking for a library book. I wasn't going to touch that teddy bear that I'm not allowed to play with!"

Please would both of you tell me how you made your selections?  :-)

It was easy I used a brown jar filled with honey and an oak honey drizzeler

If that didnt coax the teddy down I had an orange savile marmalade sandwich in reserve

Seriously I have cs4 photoshop

I created a duplicate layer

I used the lasso tool and circled the teddy

Pressed control c (copy) then pressed control v (paste)

Using the move tool  Moved copied ted down to the position next to pussy

Added a mask to the layer

and carfully removed the surpless around ted (zoomed up and used pen tool and eraser which ever was easiest )

Cropped Flattend layers and hey presto

Archived