Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Turbo Actuator.

JohnP

The turbo actuator on my motor started to make a strange humming noise for about a minute after stopping the engine, I took it to my local garage I use for servicing etc. They told me that the actuator can't be obtained as a seperate item and I would need a new turbo costing about £650.00 plus fitting. I said I'll think about it, I went on eBay and I found several sellers who could supply turbo actuators. I'm sure they are all made in China but I thought I'd risk paying £36.00 so I ordered one, it arrived next morning. Years ago when I had nimble fingers and good eyesight I would have fitted it myself, however I have a friend who's son is a mechanic and he fitted it in about 30 minutes for the cost of a couple of beers... :clap:

• Like 1

this is one of the reasons I will NOT buy a diesel, (or is it a pertol turbo)  it only takes one good repair bill to offset the money I would save on the MPG.

glad you are all fixed :)

That's not stictly true Leon. I retired two years ago after having been a self employed courier for over twelve years, in that time I drove close on 750,000 miles... about 60,000 miles a year. I actually used the Peugeot Partner Tepee I'm driving now in my last couple of years of working. I get about 54 mpg out of it, I doubt I would get that many mpg out of a similar sized petrol engine. Diesels seem to go on forever and when I was doing all those miles I probably saved a lot of money when compared to running a petrol vehicle. If you drive less than 12,000 miles a year I would agree with you. Now I'm retired I don't do many miles now but I still think I'm better off keeping the Peugeot as long as it keeps going and doesn't need expensive repairs... and besides I like my car and I like diesels.

That's not stictly true Leon. I retired two years ago after having been a self employed courier for over twelve years, in that time I drove close on 750,000 miles... about 60,000 miles a year. I actually used the Peugeot Partner Tepee I'm driving now in my last couple of years of working. I get about 54 mpg out of it, I doubt I would get that many mpg out of a similar sized petrol engine. Diesels seem to go on forever and when I was doing all those miles I probably saved a lot of money when compared to running a petrol vehicle. If you drive less than 12,000 miles a year I would agree with you. Now I'm retired I don't do many miles now but I still think I'm better off keeping the Peugeot as long as it keeps going and doesn't need expensive repairs... and besides I like my car and I like diesels.

other than holidays I do about 100 miles a week..  I agree when I too was a courier I had a non turbo Berlingo it was pretty good (usually I would not touch anything French)

• Like 1

other than holidays I do about 100 miles a week..  I agree when I too was a courier I had a non turbo Berlingo it was pretty good (usually I would not touch anything French)

All those miles I drove as a courier were driven in five Peugeot's, even a Fiat Scudo van I once owned was a Peugeot/Citroen with a Fiat badge on it. I've owned five Renault cars as well... I wouldn't buy anything German... best not go there though... :no

All those miles I drove as a courier were driven in five Peugeot's, even a Fiat Scudo van I once owned was a Peugeot/Citroen with a Fiat badge on it. I've owned five Renault cars as well... I wouldn't buy anything German... best not go there though... :no

I'm rather surprised actually. If by 'German' you mean Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes or BMW .. I'd take one of those over Italian, French, or Spanish, any day of the week.

Putting Diesel v Petrol Consumption in perspective, i used to own a 2ltr Mk4 Mondeo Diesel and used to get between 40 & 45 MPG, It was bought second hand and I put about 100k miles on it

I now drive a 1.4 ltr Fiesta Petrol and struggle to get above 35 MPG out of it.

Mind you in the three years I owned the Mondeo it had the following repairs done to it.

@120k Clutch & DMF £300

@123k Engine replaced after cam chain tensioner broke and totaled the top end £1200

@123k Alternator failed £120

@130k Gearbox failed because Mr Clutch didn't replace spilled oil when they did the Clutch DMF £450

@135k Both Front Wheel bearings replaced £220

@150k Both Front Suspensions springs replaces because of our pot holed kent roads £160

@180 Car was finally scrapped after the turbo failed and i had had enough by then :(

Which is why I am now in the fiesta

Paul

Edited by Paul80

All I can say is that all of my Peugeot's which were three vans (one of which was a Fiat Scudo made by Peugeot/Citroen) and two Peugeot Partners have served me well. One of my Peugeot Expert vans covered 247,000 miles in three years, it had all the usual servicing, tyres and brake discs etc. The most expensive job carried out was having the dual mass clutch replaced, very little else was needed it and earned me quite a bit of money.

Edited by JohnP