Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What's the Score?

Martyn

It's The Capriol Suite by Peter Warlock. The group met to practice this piece for a concert, so I snapped this pic of our band leader who seemed very happy with my progress despite being unfamiliar with playing in F major. 

I took this pic a while ago but was very unhappy with all the reflections and a colour cast, but it does show Bex in her environment; cluttered house, cluttered mind, life is too short for housework so pick up your fiddle and play and dance.

After the success with my mono conversion of a portrait of the church organist, I decided to have a go at this one.

15528299994_c407997293_b.jpg

It's a shame about the reflection above her head, but the fact that she's photographed surrounded by her possessions makes it very personal.

It might be my laptop settings, but it seems her face could be a little brighter.

Korky

It might be my laptop settings, but it seems her face could be a little brighter.

Korky

Its same on mine Korky I think a bit of selective work needs to be done there Martyn

But I do think its an interesting image It held my attention

Maybe a bit of cloning to remove that reflection that korky pointed out in the Jack Vettriano print

I've brightened the face a little and toned down some of the reflections, but that picture just doesn't look right to me and it's the best I can do at the moment. It feels like I've just removed a mountain from a landscape.

BampW3-_zpsd881753a.jpg

Martyn.......You are getting to be a good.....All Rounder.....of a photographer.......you have moved on so much since first joining us.

It gives me great pleasure to witness progress like this.

FUJI

Thank you Fuji! I've just been looking back over my shots from the past year and I can say I'm pleased with what I have achieved. It was July 2013 when I bought my first proper camera; thanks to this forum and kind folks like yourself, I have become confident in handling it. I have come a long way, but there is still so much to learn, so many things that I still want to capture in this magic box   :yes

To think that I nearly deleted this pic when I took it!

I'm glad you didn't Martyn I do think it is a very nice personal study of someone.

I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort but you might find a copy of the print via the link below which you could use to paste over the reflection?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Jack+Vettriano+print&qpvt=Jack+Vettriano+print&FORM=IGRE

I am with Colin b

Its not straight forward as the frame is not head on so a bit of skewing distorting and rotating is needed

To get rid of the reflections on the mount copying and pasting from the frame on the left is an idea then blend it in

Obviously this is after you have scaled down the Jack Vettraino's Singing Butler painting and fitted it in

Just a quicky on your small image

violin3_zps2905cefd.jpg

That's a fine bit of work you've done there Fuzzy, I like it. I use Gimp whenever I need to edit beyond what Lightroom is capable of, but I really need to work on my editing skills in that area. I may invest in the latest version of PS Elements this year.

That's a fine bit of work you've done there Fuzzy, I like it. I use Gimp whenever I need to edit beyond what Lightroom is capable of, but I really need to work on my editing skills in that area. I may invest in the latest version of PS Elements this year.

Elements is extremely capable .. but GIMP is even more so, though not exactly user-friendly. However, you can probably get many more plug-ins for Elements.

Archived