Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

INTERESTING LENS

Last week I took a punt and acquired via eBay an interesting looking M42 thread lens to add to my vintage collection.....this time a Prime for less than £20 Delivered......

It is a HOYA, HMC TELE-AUTO 135-2.8 lens...........I have Adaptors for both my SONY A55 and my Micro four thirds cameras.

The postie didn't deliver until after dark, so I couldn't try it until it had thawed out ........I have used it indoors ( totally manually of course) with and without flash, the results look promising.

A good buy?

FUJI

I applaud you with all these vintage lenses, I aquired a 50mm 2.8 a year or so ago, I just could not get used to it and bought a modern Nifty 50...

Thank you Leon.........I too have a dedicated Sony Nifty Fifty.......but the old lenses combined with totally manual operation, stretches the old mind, focusing skills, and the creative juices flowing.

Sometimes, it can feel too easy to simply point then let the camera do all the work.........

FUJI

Further to my purchase of a vintage HOYA M42 135-2.8 Prime telephoto lens, I have been having a play today, but other projects and commitments ( like preparing then cooking a beef stew;-) I haven't had time to process the results.

But determined to learn more, I did a little digging on YouTube.......this video gives a fantastic idea of what these old Primes are capable if......as the presenter says, M42 thread Adaptors can be had via eBay for very few pounds.

Of course all photography using an old M42 lens is done totally manually

Whilst I'm here I am pleased to report that my medical/claims court commission was very successful, the cheapy Polaroid 16 LED Ringlight did a fantastic job.....I can't post results because they are obviously private.

Here is the YouTube video ...that might encourage you to go M42 lens hunting?

FUJI

I'm afraid I can't share your enthusiasm for all these old lenses Fuji - it will take me the rest of my life just to learn how to get the best from my new camera.

However, if I could pick one of my old lenses to use (ah, if only I could...) it would be the magnificent Auto-Rokkor - Minolta - 58mm f1.4. 

I'm afraid I can't share your enthusiasm for all these old lenses Fuji - it will take me the rest of my life just to learn how to get the best from my new camera.

However, if I could pick one of my old lenses to use (ah, if only I could...) it would be the magnificent Auto-Rokkor - Minolta - 58mm f1.4.

Chris! chris!

Take a look at my most recent post.........three of the most striking photographs I've ever taken.........no special preparation, just a try out of a newly acquired lens plus very careful manual focussing.

At well under £20 delivered, or four pints of beer or four Costa coffees, a vintage lens that real produces the goods......I can't wait to try it on a willing portrait model in good light. I also need to test the sharpness, at 135 focal length ( longer on my Sony A55? ) I need to be around five feet back from my subject.

The front glass, is a joy to behold ;-)

FUJI

Chris! chris!

Take a look at my most recent post.........three of the most striking photographs I've ever taken.........no special preparation, just a try out of a newly acquired lens plus very careful manual focussing.

At well under £20 delivered, or four pints of beer or four Costa coffees, a vintage lens that real produces the goods......I can't wait to try it on a willing portrait model in good light. I also need to test the sharpness, at 135 focal length ( longer on my Sony A55? ) I need to be around five feet back from my subject.

The front glass, is a joy to behold ;-)

FUJI

Same with that Rokkor - glorious green coating. Unfortunately, however good a compact is, it has a fixed lens. But despite being very similar to your GX7, I wouldn't swap it ;)