Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Project 366 Day 323 - Old Skool

Guest Salvatore

Pointless trying to justify 35mm on here as I've already learned but ?

Most major retailers would develop within the hour ?

Fantastic era filled with people that knew their way around a camera and has now a cult following ( albeit out of curiosity)

Without this much laughed at techno you guys simply wouldn't have it as easy as you have today.....

Here end off ones fallen on death ears rant .

I was an avid togger and had a miranda slr but we got a mortgage and a kid and couldn't afford the developing costs so my togging days were over until digital came along. This camera belonged to my late father so I may just find some instructions for the camera load the film and take some shots

Guest Salvatore

camera belonged to my late father

Out of respect for history , your father and many a pre digital togger I suggest this quest become reality.

I still have a Miranda , Canon and Minolta 35mm and won't part with them for the world.......lenses galore etc ,etc

OK it's history but.........it's my history and I'm still living it.

Digital is our future of that I'm in no doubt but so long as I have air in these diseased lungs then I'll defend my generations love affair with the 35mm

Without this much laughed at techno you guys simply wouldn't have it as easy as you have today.....

no offence meant, i have no problem with the days of film photography other than the fact that i wouldnt have been able to afford my hobby :) much respect to the old days and yes you could get developed in an hour i was attempting to be funny :p :)

Guest Salvatore

attempting

Ignore me......it's not too difficult :)

Are you old enough to understand the meaning of 'Tetchy' ......lol

The older you get the less you're understood and this leads to irritability.

I never mean to offend......it's just a hidden talent I could easily live without ;)

I had a pair of ...Built like tanks...ZENIT...cameras plus a variety of lenses....but with kids and a mortgage developing and printing costs were prohibitive and then when the prints did arrive (express or not).......just like today.......perhaps two out of 12 were anywhere near good.

The digital age may be wasted on some, but as a (real) oldie, I embraced it with both arms:

FUJI

I just need to figure out how to work it now, cant seem to change aperture or shutte rspeed or anything

sadly I can't remember, suppose you have done a web search for a manual? I do remember taking a cracking picture of a rally car coming up the mountain at Cadwell Park with all 4 wheels off the ground.

My love affair with photography began with a Pentax K1000, many, many rolls of Ilford film and packet after packet of 10x8 paper.

I now use a Sony camera, a Mac and CS4, but my love of image making is no less than it was in the old days when I could only print from my negatives if the bathroom was free.

It's the image that matters, not how it was created.

Korky

Archived