Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Nettles and sky

JamesUK

Howdy folks, figured I should get onto a photography forum and start posting stuff here. This is a recent photo from Westbury, I actually went up to the white horse hill (as I call it...) to take photos of the paragliders but I saw some nettles and got this shot I kinda liked

post-978-0-30905300-1411333506.jpg

Welcome to the forums  James :) 

It's a good shot, but may I offer some advice? The main subject is the nettles, with a strong background in those clouds - if you cropped off the right hand quarter, a bit on the left, and a strip from the top, you'd be much tighter on your main subject, and still have some great clouds. What do you think? 

Hi James, glad you found this forum! I can see why you took the shot, great sky. Those nettles may be of the Scottish variety, ie thistles.

I started photography and joined this forum because I wanted to take pictures of my mates who are musicians. But now, like you, I see other things that make great pictures. You've made a good start!

Welcome to the forums  James :)

It's a good shot, but may I offer some advice? The main subject is the nettles, with a strong background in those clouds - if you cropped off the right hand quarter, a bit on the left, and a strip from the top, you'd be much tighter on your main subject, and still have some great clouds. What do you think? 

Yeah that looks better, this is why I joined here haha. Thanks

Hi James, glad you found this forum! I can see why you took the shot, great sky. Those nettles may be of the Scottish variety, ie thistles.

I started photography and joined this forum because I wanted to take pictures of my mates who are musicians. But now, like you, I see other things that make great pictures. You've made a good start!

Thistles! Silly me XD

Yeah I saw this forum my bookmarks, I remember scouring through a bunch of them and picking the one I like the look of most, things have been going well in the last hour so let's hope it continues heh

post-978-0-82004900-1411336742.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So it probably won't go where you get a soothing pat on the head for every shot you take? It's a scientifically proven fact that you learn more from failing than you do from success.

Your main subject is both badly framed & out of focus. I'm not hugely clever but I'd suggest that you include your EXIF with your posts. All beginners should do that if they don't understand DoF?

Archived