Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Brassica Pic- Your B&W Edits Very Welcome!

DarrenC

As I took this picture I thought 'That'll convert to B&W nicely'. But I was a bit disappointed with my initial efforts. Can't seem to get it with any punch. So I'm putting it up for you guys. Bring on your edits! (Please show your working out). Mmmm red filter...

post-977-0-86670200-1409530999.jpg

Little bit difficult as the image is very small - but:

Nik SEP with clarity and contrast dropped so soften the whole image.

Nik SEP again but with clarity, contrast increased - then brushed over the background to show the first edit and get the lad to separate out a little.

Bit of vignette and burn edges.

Smart Sharpen entire image but knocked back the background, again to get some separation.

Rather than do something similar to Black Peal I went for a darker grittier image

B&W conversion using OnOne Photo Suit, first cloned the highlights out behind the distant figure as these would have been to distracting with added contrast. Then converted and added some dynamic contrast just to the main subject, finished of with dark grad on right of image to balance it up.

post-970-0-57549700-1409557518.jpg

The t-shirt logo has to go too? But I can PS that out. Really thanks for your contributions. Really liking those!

Why would you do that unless you want a straight B&W conversion, to me the logo is part of the story about the person or at least as I see it.,

If it were mine I would use a little artisitic licence and make it even darker and grittier to emphasise this man who has lost his faith and finds his self lost in  in a dark place, then the logo is all important.

post-970-0-72031500-1409635052.jpg

I like what you have ended up with

photographically its quite a potent image

Technically very good Composition just right  Contrast big figure  little figure  Converging lines on the thirds to lead your eye back into the image

Odd factor having the big figure cut off by the knees but very effective

To me there is a story there

Man with a lost faith walking away from (the trees form in the blurred state a cathedral look) a religeon with something coming after him fast

Very strong image I am glad you left the tee shirt

I like what you have ended up with

photographically its quite a potent image

Technically very good Composition just right  Contrast big figure  little figure  Converging lines on the thirds to lead your eye back into the image

Odd factor having the big figure cut off by the knees but very effective

To me there is a story there

Man with a lost faith walking away from (the trees form in the blurred state a cathedral look) a religeon with something coming after him fast

Very strong image I am glad you left the tee shirt

I'm almost sorry to destroy your imaginative creativity Fuzzy ... but Faith No More are a rock band!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived