Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Windermere Pano (fail)

Martyn

After a five mile walk we ascended Wansfell Pike from Ambleside. By the time we reached the summit my legs were burning, I was breathing heavily and the sweat on my back was chilled in the strong cold wind. I decided to try a pano of Windermere, but in the heat of the moment forgot to use manual settings. I was gutted when I got home and realised what I had done. I've done my best to match the exposures before stitching the shots together but I can still see the joins.  Lesson learned!

15032022262_999f141153_b.jpg

I can see one join (I think) dead center, visible in the water?  If so, I am sure it could be edited out?  Nice shot!  ;-)

Don't be silly. Can't you see the long neck and tiny head? Oh wait, wrong lake...

If it IS a join, it's an odd one, being at a slant?

I use PS to stitch and it does join at odd angles. 

I used a trial version of PS Elements for the stitch, and yes they do appear to be at an angle. Three joins for the four images used. 

One thing I've noticed since I started walking is that I make a lot of basic mistakes; maybe it's fatigue, adrenalin, feeling rushed and pressured to keep up with the group, I don't know; but I need to learn to stop and put my photographers head on when I see a shot.

Surely, the fewer the better?

Hi Chris, I agree on small panos, --- I find, and its only my opinion, that sometimes more shots over a great distance work better, This one is a 7 shot sequence across about 2 miles, hand held and processed in PSE12, --the most I have used is 9 shots,

Geoff

post-1005-0-03387000-1409295433.jpg

Hi Chris, I agree on small panos, --- I find, and its only my opinion, that sometimes more shots over a great distance work better, This one is a 7 shot sequence across about 2 miles, hand held and processed in PSE12, --the most I have used is 9 shots,

Geoff

I guess it's what works in experience? This was one that was never intended to be a pano - it was simply 3 shots on 35mm film at 28mm wideangle, taken in the days before stitching software was ever dreamed of, Photoshop was still in its infancy, and most people didn't even have a computer. I recently stitched them together in PSE and tried to make the best of it that I could, though in reality the bay stretches further away from the eye in the forward direction (the effects of wideangle). Would a greater number of shots have worked better? Impossible to say, except the stitching would have been even more difficult.

post-677-0-29740600-1409305893.jpg

Archived