Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Upturned Boats

CanonChrissy

These upturned boats are used as sheds for the fishermen on The Holy Island Of Lindisfarne, Northumberland, England. It has a fantastic history and is a tidal island where you drive across a causeway. Last year, on a solo trip (my hubby was away), I set off alone for the weekend. Having checked the tide times, I was lucky to be able to stay on the island for sunset and then return the next morning for sunrise. My sunset shots were nothing special but this is the sunrise, with two exposures, one for the sky and one for the foreground. I hope you like it. It was my 1st attempt and combining two shots and I really struggled. Thanks for looking.

post-967-0-49862800-1408564581.jpg

Im struggling getting the images larger on here..How cam I get a large image with the small 300KB size available. Am I doing something wrong?

It's actually 500KB Chrissy. 

But if you have a JPEG and save it as a medium quality picture (which is fine for computer displays), longest side 1024 px, you should be well within the limit :)

(Your original post here shows up as being 44KB so you have a LOT of room to play with!!)

Very confused by this...when I go to upload an image, it says 300, and I reduce my image to just under 300. It wont let me upload anything over 300. It alsowont allow me to upload more than 1 image per post.

This is the message I get (copied & pasted)

You can upload up to 300KB of files (Max. single file size: 300KB)

The boat pic must have been reduced for something else. Will see if I have it larger.

Chrissy.....

Try using my method of posting to TIPF...I use Photoshop.

After processing then saving your original RAW or whatever.......make a copy.

Reduce the copied image to 1024 mp on the longest side, then click SAVE AS..... Choose JPEG then ( I add the word Forum to the title) this should bring up a slider, slide this back to 7.

Save these forum bound JPEGS in a chosen folder, they can also be used for emails.

To post just use the TIPF ADD IMAGE instructions.

FUJI

Chrissy

In photoshop use File/ Save for web and devices

You can post quite a large picture by reducing the files size using this without compromising quality.

If you use Lightroom pm me and I'll post a screen shot.

Chrissy.....

Try using my method of posting to TIPF...I use Photoshop.

After processing then saving your original RAW or whatever.......make a copy.

Reduce the copied image to 1024 mp on the longest side, then click SAVE AS..... Choose JPEG then ( I add the word Forum to the title) this should bring up a slider, slide this back to 7.

Save these forum bound JPEGS in a chosen folder, they can also be used for emails.

To post just use the TIPF ADD IMAGE instructions.

FUJI

I'd agree with this except for one thing : I find Photoshop JPEGs to be larger than those created in other apps. If you use a Mac, Preview will save smaller without compromising quality, if Windows then I'd guess something like the pre-installed Paintbox?

However, even Photoshop will do if no other alternative is to hand. What I can't understand is the 300KB limit, when ?the rest? of us get 500KB.

Archived