Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Opinions welcome

This lovely lady was sheltering from the sun today and just happened to be nicely framed in a doorway and allowed me to take a number of pictures.

Talking to her, it turns out that she has a liking for black and white, having dabbled in a darkroom in the past, but that blue dress really didn't convert well, no matter which method I used so one picture ended up with a tone.

Here are three slightly different pictures from the sequence, all handled differently and I would welcome any and all comments.(although obviously not comments about the lady)

555480.jpg

555477.jpg

555475.jpg

Mr Bugs sir - do you wish us to post any variations or edits as you have 'No' checked?

On these, if you wish to then yes and thanks Colin. Suggestions would also be welcome but I would need to be able to do the work on my computer on the full size pictures to call them mine when I see her next.

On these, if you wish to then yes and thanks Colin. Suggestions would also be welcome but I would need to be able to do the work on my computer on the full size pictures to call them mine when I see her next.

I'm assuming here you are familiar and able to use layers?

I will say the middle colour picture is great but as the Lady is asking for B/W...

I have used top sepia layer (very light sepia compared to your edit) and a bottom black and white layer, erased through the sepia on just the Lady to give her some contrast from the rest of the scene. I do think her dress works better in BW than sepia which has made it look a little dreary?

next question is what software are you using ? if you can't use layers are you able to reduce the sepia colour more to BW?

555477edit.jpg

Click image to view large

Very subtle, Colin, and it works well.  I have a choice of software..   Photoshop CS2 and CS6, Gimp, Paint.net, so I should be able to work out the method. Many thanks for the suggestion

Eyes!!!  what about the legs in No1???

You know my thoughts about B&W... poo!!!

Maybe I'd better not post the picture of her seams then

Thank you.

Incidentally, Is the colour preference a general thing or just on these?

for me, I prefer colour 99% of the time, I have been known to convert the odd portrait but not many..

A balanced view here.

Her twinkly smile and colourful dress make for an excellent colour version......but......as the clothes she is wearing come from an era of almost total black and white photographs and films, mono to me, .....( an oldie who remembers these things) ....is perfect too.

If the subject, or Bugsy want a record of what his camera saw, then the colour versions are perfect.......but......if the lady wants to see herself as a true 1940s lass, then mono is the way to go.......unless of course she is reenacting being a Hollywood Star.......in that case, she would be in Technicolour ;-)

I really like both versions.

FUJI

Archived