Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Service.

Paul

My 70D is now 10 months old, and has occasionally overexposed an image or 10, so it's gone in to Wilkinson's Cameras in Preston and will get a full service, check up, and a sensor clean.

It's also very good service from the shop too, as for the 3 weeks (roughly) that my 70D will be away with Canon, they have kindly loaned me a 5D MkII for the duration (which has to be looked after really well it goes without saying) so for a while, you'll see a few macro's back on the full frame format.

Paul.

• Like 2

Sounds like good service from the shop Paul...  I'm surprised your 70D needs servicing after only 10 months, my 60D is two and a half years old and has done about 12,500 shutter operations and it's all working well so far.

• Like 1

Definitely a good service from the shop as well, although they will send it off to a Canon service centre (6 in England and the nearest to you is in Stoke on Trent) so three weeks isn't bad at all.

I'm with John on being a bit surprised at your 70D needing a service so soon. ok my 5D mkII is a level up from the 70D but I'm currently on 55K shots in 5 years and it's going fine. I do get the occasional overexposure but that is normally down to the button pusher not getting settings right.

Please do let us know how it performs when you have it back and whether there's much difference. I had a lens serviced a couple of years ago and it came back better than when I first got it, although it was very good originally.

• Like 1

It is unusual, but it probably just needs recalibrating.

Even the best things can go wrong.

As an example - here are two sets of two images, taken moments after each other, which the exif shows the settings were identical for each pair.

post-784-0-53063400-1403554041.jpg

post-784-0-41474300-1403554050.jpg

post-784-0-40780600-1403554063.jpg

post-784-0-71586300-1403554074.jpg

Paul.

Yes, tripod mounted.

I reduced the pixel size down to the very lowest setting - if I posted my usual edit, you'd see them looking perfectly rendered, apart from the over exposure of course!.

Paul.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1