Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Looking down on Great Malvern, Worcestershire.

JohnP

FUJI... you said in another post on here that you would like to walk on the Malvern Hills, I fully appreciate you may not be able to do that. However starting at Wyche Cutting there is a made up pathway that goes all the way up to the summit of the Worcester Beacon. I'm not suggesting for one minute that you walk up there but a wheelchair could be pushed up but it would need several pushers to take it in turns to push. We never did get that TIPF meet up organised, so how about some members lead by me pushing FUJI to the top of the Worcester Beacon one nice sunny day, I'm sure a wheelchair could be borrowed for a day.... just an idea.

Thanks John,

Hey! Steady on old chap, Im not legless just yet, I go on longish walks with an old school pal two to three times a week, what I was implying was that, there is really nothing lie the scenery you enjoy in my immediate area.

I don't drive now ( cant see properly) so Im restricted to public transport or to lifts.........if my sight continues without surgery, it will be a Guide Dog I'll need not a wheelchair ;-)

Anyways up......I don't think I could trust you lot to take me up to a Malvern summit in a wheelchair, the temptation for you to let go at the top, would be far too great.....and I would be sure to hit a lone tree or fall into milky water on my way down ;-)

I could walk like you do, if I lived where you do........

RACE YA!

FUJI

FUJI... you said in another post on here that you would like to walk on the Malvern Hills, I fully appreciate you may not be able to do that. However starting at Wyche Cutting there is a made up pathway that goes all the way up to the summit of the Worcester Beacon. I'm not suggesting for one minute that you walk up there but a wheelchair could be pushed up but it would need several pushers to take it in turns to push. We never did get that TIPF meet up organised, so how about some members lead by me pushing FUJI to the top of the Worcester Beacon one nice sunny day, I'm sure a wheelchair could be borrowed for a day.... just an idea.

Could a very small-wheeled scooter (i.e. one that can't manage gravel or damp grass) manage that? I have a theoretical range of 11 miles ON THE FLAT!

(Though getting to Worcestershire would be a different matter entirely..)

Could a very small-wheeled scooter (i.e. one that can't manage gravel or damp grass) manage that? I have a theoretical range of 11 miles ON THE FLAT!

(Though getting to Worcestershire would be a different matter entirely..)

Chris... the path to the summit of the Worcester Beacon is a combination of old tarmac and some gravel... not grass. Due to the age of the path there are bound to be some shallow holes in the surface, I can't say I've taken much notice though. I would say a wheeled scooter with wheels at around 6" diameter and fairly soft tyres would be best. I really know nothing about wheeled scooters though. When I've been walking on the Worcester Beacon I've seen plenty of folks with kids in push chairs but they do seem to have quite large wheels and chunky tyres. It would not be possible to go up the Herefordshire Beacon as the path there has lots of steps. I'm also unsure how the battery or the motor would cope as it's uphill all the way, stopping to let things cool down might be necessary.

Chris... the path to the summit of the Worcester Beacon is a combination of old tarmac and some gravel... not grass. Due to the age of the path there are bound to be some shallow holes in the surface, I can't say I've taken much notice though. I would say a wheeled scooter with wheels at around 6" diameter and fairly soft tyres would be best. I really know nothing about wheeled scooters though. When I've been walking on the Worcester Beacon I've seen plenty of folks with kids in push chairs but they do seem to have quite large wheels and chunky tyres. It would not be possible to go up the Herefordshire Beacon as the path there has lots of steps. I'm also unsure how the battery or the motor would cope as it's uphill all the way, stopping to let things cool down might be necessary.

Mine are no more than 4" in diameter, and solid. Unfortunately. :(

Though down here in the SW you can hire something called - I think - a ?Tramper, which is basically the scooter equivalent of a 4x4 and will go literally anywhere! I don't know if they have them in Malvern, though.

Chris... I just spent about 30 mins trying to find out about hiring a Tramper up here with no luck so far. I did find a couple of places that hire them out on their own parklands etc ... but that's no good.

Chris... I just spent about 30 mins trying to find out about hiring a Tramper up here with no luck so far. I did find a couple of places that hire them out on their own parklands etc ... but that's no good.

That was very good of you to look, John. It might not be very easy for me to even get up there, but thank you anyway :)

I'm in Devon - I can manage about 40 miles, perhaps 50 tops, in an adapted car. The Midlands is out of reach!

Shame that... I was going to look into ways of getting you to the top of the Worcester Beacon. If you are ever planning on coming up my way give me some warning and I will approach Malvern Hills Conservators to see if they can help.

Shame that... I was going to look into ways of getting you to the top of the Worcester Beacon. If you are ever planning on coming up my way give me some warning and I will approach Malvern Hills Conservators to see if they can help.

Aww, that's very kind of you John. I have actually been up the Malverns several times when I lived in the Midlands, but wouldn't you know, it was a period of my life when I wasn't doing much photography. And I always loved seeing them rise up so dramatically from the Plain, more like mini-mountains than mere hills. Coming up from the SW on the M5, I always knew I was getting to the final part of the journey once I'd passed the Gloucester turn offs and could see the Malverns in the distance.

Archived