Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

GRAPHIC RED

FUJI

Yes, this will be familiar, but a totally different approach to exactly the same subject, using a completely new shot:

This time, I have used my processing abilities creatively from an Artist's rather than a Photographer's viewpoint, so that that striking Geranium head is presented graphically whilst still retaining just enough realism.

It will be a Marmite shot I guess?........Some of you liking it and others not so much.

This is the way that a graphic designer might begin to approach the creation of  a wallpaper, fabric pattern or ceramics decoration.............all the Photo/Graphics software includes the adjustments to work creatively, sometimes until the original concept photograph is completel lost but with a fantastic graphic ready to save:

It is good sometimes to have a really good play with all the sliders and modes in the saftware you most commonly use; that way you build up a good working knowledge base:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-69704000-1399973628.jpg

I like Marmite too and overall I like this image. But.........

Some areas of the petals seem to be a solid red without any detail and although I appreciate what you've tried to do I'd rather see some detail and a little less saturation in the petals. But......

I still like the image and I still like Marmite (on toast soldiers to accompany a boiled goose egg).

Korky

I like Marmite too and overall I like this image. But.........

Some areas of the petals seem to be a solid red without any detail and although I appreciate what you've tried to do I'd rather see some detail and a little less saturation in the petals. But......

I still like the image and I still like Marmite (on toast soldiers to accompany a boiled goose egg).

Korky

Thanks Korky and Martyn,

Yes, the petals have deliberately been processed to look like that, I used the TOPAZ Clean filter, this is usually used to soften the skin on glamour models.....I had read somewhere at it can also be used to soften and enhance other things, especially flowers and fabrics.

As explained in my text, I was looking with an Artists rather than a Photographers eye, to produce this rather flattened, sharp edged version.........I was tempted to fiddle until it went High Key.......but decided against it.

This has lots of mileage in it if I choose to go down that root in the future.......I might even have a go later so watch this space.

PS: Korky, to se a more natural textured version of the same subject ( different shot) please look at my other geranium post entitled....GERONIMO.

FUJI

Archived