Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Getting a little annoyed...

I have no problem with talking and showing my "tackle"  (oo er!)  And I will happily talk gear and settings, that is not my issue.

It is when people assume a photo you have spent time working on, only looks good because of the camera used and completely disregard any talent/skill required to get that image on screen.  I see this so often and I am not talking about conversation around my own photos, I read it on others people photos.  This times I have seen absolute masterpieces of photography online, that I can see took hours/days/weeks of planning and post processing, only for the photographer's efforts and expertise get overshadowed by his 1Dx.

Yes it probably does show a little naivety from the commentator regarding the photographic process but it still niggles me.

"yeah my fav is "I wish I had a camera like yours so I could take such good pictures" I'm like yeah thanks cause I had naff all to do with taking the damn picture"

In fact you are wrong, sorry.

Ask MrWall above, who knows the limitations of certain cameras in certain fields.

I could NOT do the work I do with a 3fps camera, I need 6/7 and more sometimes, so there are reasons for needing either better or more importantly "different" gear.

• Like 1

Agreed.  But if you took the shot of your life, with said camera.  Would you not agree that your own talent and skills had 'something' to do with the photo, or that anyone, regardless of skill level could pick up your gear and get the same result? 

"yeah my fav is "I wish I had a camera like yours so I could take such good pictures" I'm like yeah thanks cause I had naff all to do with taking the damn picture"

In fact you are wrong, sorry.

Ask MrWall above, who knows the limitations of certain cameras in certain fields.

I could NOT do the work I do with a 3fps camera, I need 6/7 and more sometimes, so there are reasons for needing either better or more importantly "different" gear.

I'm not wrong because Leon's ability to get the shot he wants is limited by his camera, give him a 10fps camera he would get the shot. Give someone with no skill a 10fps camera they still wont get the shot so just having a great camera does not make you a great photographer

I'm not wrong because Leon's ability to get the shot he wants is limited by his camera, give him a 10fps camera he would get the shot. Give someone with no skill a 10fps camera they still wont get the shot so just having a great camera does not make you a great photographer

I'll take that as a compliment  thanks very much :)

A poor workman..............................

They did all right with manual wind in film days  :)

Oh? I take it you weren't around then? FYI, there were things called "motorwinds" which allowed you to shoot continuously as long as the film lasted. I should know, I have the Minolta MD version, though it was rarely used, me not being a sports photographer.

I can just see someone throwing their Teddy out of the pram here soon?

Hope not!

Come on now.......FORUM HUG!

Thaaaaaaaat's better..........

........isn't it?

;-)

FUJI

( I studied counselling during my social work training)

NEXT!

FYI - FYI simply stands for "for your information" which last time I looked was not a badge of rudeness. However I think there's no more to be usefully said on the subject, so I'm letting it rest here. You may or may not wish to have the last word, so if you do, then please be my guest.

• Like 1