Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Mother and Daughter

Craig

Hi guys,

The problem I find is with a portrait its very difficult to get the right mix of softness and pin sharpness in an image.

Some people love a sharp image others like it softer. But I do see where you are coming from though.

The main reason I made sure this image (the original image is a lot sharper, as have lost some through down resolution for the forum) is that the top Lily was wearing is very metallic and having it sharp made it punch out as the original was in colour.

Lily and Traci who I did this for have it printed on a large scale print in colour, I do think however I could have done better with the skin tones and smoothing though that's for sure.

Thank you for your very valid and constructive comments and as always very much appreciated.
Craig

:)

Hi guys,

The problem I find is with a portrait its very difficult to get the right mix of softness and pin sharpness in an image.

Some people love a sharp image others like it softer. But I do see where you are coming from though.

The main reason I made sure this image (the original image is a lot sharper, as have lost some through down resolution for the forum) is that the top Lily was wearing is very metallic and having it sharp made it punch out as the original was in colour.

Lily and Traci who I did this for have it printed on a large scale print in colour, I do think however I could have done better with the skin tones and smoothing though that's for sure.

Thank you for your very valid and constructive comments and as always very much appreciated.

Craig

I do like a minimum level of sharpness in my own pictures, or it all looks a bit blurry. But for portraits, unless you're shooting someone with lots of wrinkles and/or cragginess, it's often preferable to dial the sharpness down - it's more flattering for a start! What you could have done is take the image into Photoshop and apply the Blur tool selectively (with low opacity and a soft brush) on the skin tones. OR you could have done the opposite - apply the Sharpness tool just to the jacket. Though if the original image was very sharp (why? do you have your camera's sharpness turned up to maximum?) the former approach is your only option.

Love it! A great fun portrait you must all be pleased with. I'm hoping to learn from you as you seem to have the knack with portraits. My only criticism (and it is small) is that I thought I had a spot on my screen until I moved the picture. Along the bottom edge in the white area is a small black object, easily fixed; but I can't help looking at it now I've seen it!

Hi Chris,

I see where you are coming from totally, but IMHO its all about degree of softness.
I do however agree with you totally that this shot definitely could have done with some skin smoothing.
Thank you again for the very valid comments and as always they are very much appreciated.

Craig

Having taken on board Chris' very valid comments I have decided to revisit this image and softened out the skin tones considerably.
Also... I have removed that annoying black spot at the bottom of the image (thanks Martyn for pointing that bad boy out for me!)
Craig

post-916-0-41043800-1394916515.jpg

Archived