Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SOOC Challenge

I did it!

I had a go at my 36 challenge - straight out of camera shots - 24 or 36 limit - no peaking as you take them - nothing fancy.

I altered one of the user presets on my Nikon D300s so it shot: jpeg fine - plus 2 sharpness - plus 1 saturation - no image preview - sunny WB - 400iso.

Decided on the AF-S 35mm f1.8 as it gives the equivalent field of view to a nifty fifty so would make shooting simple.

I had intended to limit myself to 24 shots but Dylan found an old radio that was being thrown out so I had to take a few more - ended up with 32 which is about 50 less than I would normally have taken.

Are they any worse for it?

Not sure to be honest.

I am very happy with the images, the camera has done an pretty good job of getting the exposure right and although it was unbelievably hard not to check them on the LCD, chimp or take multiple shots of the same subject I did manage. 

Once I got home I loaded them into LR5 - had a look though them for the very first time - how exciting is that - then exported them at 1000 pixels along their long edge.

I haven't done anything to any of them - no adjustments - no cropping - nothing at all.

How about a contact sheet to start with:

A random selection of the ones I feel work the best and tell the storey of an afternoon down at out allotment.

I have had so much fun doing this and really would recommend other have a go. 

I'm glad you uploaded a 'contact sheet', giving us the chance to pick our own 5. There were at least 10 I thought would make a good shortlist, but in the end I plumped for 7, 9, 11, 19, and 21. 

Had I had the energy, I would have gone out in this afternoon's glorious sunshine and come back with a selection of very boring shots lol.

Archived