Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

i like this one, in a strange way the rust reminds me of old blood. almost like a crime scene and a deceased body trying to tell you what happened. ( sorry not that good with words to express what i mean) 

my one small criticism for me is that the lighter shades on the models face mask keep drawing my eye away from the rest of the image... i dont know if this is what you wanted to achieve but for me it spoils the effect. 

Personally i would be tempted to decapitate the model ... in the image in PP i mean not in real life ;) lol

I like what you've done here, Jem - the colour, the texture and the mysterious figure all come together to give a very surreal effect. Works for me.

I agree with Heather in that the head is a little too light and draws the eye to the edge of the frame - perhaps a decapitation is the way to go. Or maybe extend the texture to the edge.

Korky

Hello Heather,

Thanks for the comment and for the interpretation, wonderful! Your right about the head I could easily do a partial merge into the background, I'll do it and post the result later on today. I did have misgivings about it as the background colour had not reached that far up the image, but got no further than that.

Thanks a lot Reely Grate :-)

Cheers - Jem

[edit] Thanks Korky glad you agree with Heather

Hello all,

Well I made something in between decapitation and the original. I found it quite surprising how much it's possible to reduce the features in even a covered face and still have it recognisable as such. I had to ask Eileen to have a look when I'd finished because I knew what I'd done with the reduction and she hadn't seen it, she still saw the impression of a face.

Cheers - Jem

post-896-0-99769300-1393454143.jpg

Hello Nanny,

Thanks for that I'm really pleased that I got it right, it's a technique I will incorporate into more images. I'm thinking now that a hint of face can can be looked at and dismissed leaving the rest of the image as the main subject. More detail or an uncovered face would become a portrait.

Apologies for not answering your question about my model in my last post, he's been a bit vague so far but has indicated that I'm approaching his 'everyman' concept with this one.

Cheers - Jim

ive come back for another look at this one and ive suddenly decided what the difference is between the two versions. 

version 1 with the face brighter makes it look as though the character is standing in front of the wall and is just covered in the same red stuff 

version 2 looks more like the character is trying to push their way out of the wall or is melting into the wall ... either way its part of the wall rather than separate... does that make any sense ? 

Hello Heather,

It does make sense wonderfully so, I really appreciate you coming back for another look and for voicing your interpretations it's making my year of struggling to do this worthwhile. Not to mention the 16 years of being too scared to make a start!

Thanks a million :-)

Jem

Archived