Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

This spins off a thread on another forum where a member set himself a challenge.

Put your camera in manual, put on a fixed lens (or make sure you don't zoom) switch off the preview function (you can do this) so you can't see what you have shot and be tempted to chimp then go out to take pictures but stop at 36.

He put his camera into B&W but I get that that isn't everyones cup of tea. What I would say is you should do no processing or even better shoot jpegs and simply re-size them.

No time limit but if you fancy a go post your five best shots below - five out of 36 would be good back in the day and you could do little or nothing to them if you sent the negs to a lab.

I will try to do this at the weekend and put up my best five.

It will rely on honesty because the temptation to fiddle will be great but I guarantee if you stick to the rules you will learn something from it - either by your own results or from the fantastic feedback this forum can generate.

• Like 1

Yeah, anything you can do in-camera goes so exposure, iso, filters, colour, mono, styles but try not to process them on a computer.

Think of it as the ultimate "Straight Out Of Camera" experiment. The shot s might be terrible, they might be canny and you never know they might be great - be interesting and I think educating either way.

Its just a bit of fun and there's no time frame - just let the thread run and see what crops up.

• Like 1

Yeah, anything you can do in-camera goes so exposure, iso, filters, colour, mono, styles but try not to process them on a computer.

Think of it as the ultimate "Straight Out Of Camera" experiment. The shot s might be terrible, they might be canny and you never know they might be great - be interesting and I think educating either way.

Its just a bit of fun and there's no time frame - just let the thread run and see what crops up.

Since the name of it - "36" - obviously aims to recapture film days, it might be a good challenge to set the ISO from the outset and not vary it. After all, zooming long predates digital, but variable ISOs don't.

Charged the Nikons batteries, think I've settled on using my 35mm lens, going to use 400iso as I usually use that speed of film, jpeg's on the SD card for posting here and NEF's on the CF card....just in case I get a cracker that needs a bit of work....off down the the allotment later this morning with the boys so I'm going to try and document the day in 24 shots.

I've turned the image review off and I promise not to cheat.

Actually I'm excited to see what I end up with - hopefully at least 4 shots to post here.

Well I gave it a go

Set on Jpeg  Manual ISO 400   F11( I knew most would be landscape) Daylight WB, Used 18 -270 lens but kept it at 35mm

Couldn't find where to set the sat & sharp etc (new camera) so just shifted from Neutral to which I use with Raw format to landscape.

Shot off 27, rather disappointed in the saturation in some of these and also wonder If I could have managed the shadows a bit better if I had the benefit of the histogram

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfurphy/sets/72157642209096894/

Edited by blackrox
  • Like 1