Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My model railway

One of my other pastimes, from the board up; track is card sleepers with rail glued to them, loco from Plastikard with a brass chassis, coach from Plastikard, wagons from card and paper with blobs of Seccotine for the rivets, backscene from photographs made in the Don Valley area of Sheffield.

Photograph made from three focussed on different areas and combined with Combine ZM (free)

Jem

post-896-0-00197100-1393196365.jpg

I had a large layout in an outbuilding and I had to destroy it recently as the building was flooded.The damage was irrecoverable and it broke my heart, having spent years putting it together. Fortuneately the rolling stock was kept in the house, so I still have it.

John

Hello John,

What a dreadful thing to happen I understand how you must feel, the thought of starting again must be so daunting. I may have a suggestion though, you may have heard the name Carl Arendt he issued a challenge to modellers to make a working layout (excluding the fiddle yard) in 4 sq ft or less regardless of scale. Taking just one board to shows and being able operate the whole thing from a sitting position is great. I was at the Ilkeston show today demonstrating some of the techniques and I'll be at the Goole show with my little layout at the end of March.

Hello Nanny,

I'm really pleased that you like it and yes it is all scrachbuilt, I do have to buy wheels and motors though, I make the controllers as well after teaching myself electronics. I'd failed in three smaller scales and came to 0 Gauge and found that I could make stuff, it's large enough to be able to see.

It is at the same time the most expensive scale if you buy stuff ready to run £500 for a loco and wagons at £50 each or the cheapest if you make as much as you can yourself. At the moment I am making a loco from card (body and chassis) and 4 wheels and 2 axles from Slaters cost £40 I bought an old Hornby chassis on eBay for £3.99 and will cut out every other spoke to make them suitable for 0 Gauge.

Apologies for blathering on :-)

Jim

Thanks for the "Blathering" Jim and interesting read and a super picture.

I used to build rc aeroplanes so have just an inkling of the dedication that has gone into making these superb models.If you ever come to a show in striking distance of Leicester let me know please.

Thanks Kobione,

Nice of you to say that I guess photography is one of the few pastimes that overlaps into every other activity.

Hello Bill,

I will be at Weston-on-Trent near East Mids Airport at the school there but its a long way away in November on Sat the 15th. You'd be very welcome to have a go though :-)

Cheers - Jim

Hello Bill,

I will be at Weston-on-Trent near East Mids Airport at the school there but its a long way away in November on Sat the 15th. You'd be very welcome to have a go though :-)

Cheers - Jim

Noted in my diary, thanks.

• 1 year later...

I will post a few pics should anyone be interested, and before Herr Lumix says anything yes I have got a big anorak...lol.

Now now! Without knowing much about them, and not being in any way shape or form a 'trainspotter', I've always loved trains, and my dream as a boy (sadly unfulfilled) was to own a model railway and be The Thin Controller. Either that, or have frequent access to one of those larger ones laid out in the grounds of somewhere, that would give people rides. 

Nanny, there is another one.... me....lol

I am part way into building a N gauge (very small gauge) layout but it will be a long project something for winter evenings. I started it for the grandson when he was five but he,s now eight and he lost interest so I thought rather than give up I will continue with it.

I will post a few pics should anyone be interested, and before Herr Lumix says anything yes I have got a big anorak...lol.

Ron

I would love to see your pics too. Ron.

Perhaps we could have a hobby's forum. :)

As a former military modeller, I raise my hat to you Jim. That is beautiful modelling and presentation, rare that they both come together this good. Chesterfield is my birth town. Born on Whittington Moor then moved to Newbold before leaving for South Yorkshire. Now residing in Peterborough.

Hello Graham,

Thanks for the nice comments good of you :-) I will be in Peterborough on the 6th June with one of the layouts at: The village Centre, Church St, Werrington Village, PE4 6QE you'd be very welcome to have a go.

Cheers - Jim

Archived