Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What lenses do you need to cover most options?

over time I have acquired various lenses and now find that my camera bag is bulging and I don't think I need so many lenses. I am looking at going for quality over quantity The lenses I intend to keep are

Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Canon EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM

Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II

Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM

A macro lens yet to be purchased but probably the Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM

most of my photography is either wildlife or studio work for product photography, I also like street and macro photography so would like to cover those as well.

is there anything you would add to the list of lenses and if so what and why

PS if you are a canon user I may be selling some lenses soon so watch this space   :)

For studio work and street photography, you might consider a prime 50mm, which seems a strange omission from your list? You would get speed (e.g. f1.4 or f1.7 maximum aperture) and the  added bonus of sharpness too. I note that all three lenses you've listed are zooms, which are fine - but when I was still a user of film with an SLR I would have felt sorely lacking without a fixed prime, even though 95% of the time I found the Tamron 28-70 covered most of my needs.

Chris - either Richard has edited his post or you missed the 50mm in the list he has.

Richard - sounds spot in to me. Wide, mid, long a 50mm because.....well why not and a macro.

for some reason two of them went to black on black text I have now fixed that and I also realise there needs to be a 2x in front of each line so her indoors is ok I would say share but that well known law states we will always both want the same lens

for some reason two of them went to black on black text I have now fixed that and I also realise there needs to be a 2x in front of each line so her indoors is ok I would say share but that well known law states we will always both want the same lens

i was wondering ...

The nifty 50 is on the list but for some reason the text had gone black on black (sorted now) and the macro is a fixed prime but other than that what length prime would you suggest?

As always I'm unsure whether you're talking full frame or not? In any case, the Sigma is either 10-20, or 15-30mm (35mm equivalent) - in which case you don't need a fish eye. With a prime 50, and a macro 100mm, you've got the two most important fixed lenses, and your zooms should get you pretty much all shooting situations covered. If you really needed a long telephoto for wildlife, and assuming that 400mm = 600mm, then maybe a top quality 1.4x teleconverter for those far-off birds? 

should have said they are currently being stuck on the front of a 60D

Can't see her bring happy with a £300 lens while hubby wanders about with a £1300 one.

especially as she bought him the L series Lenses he has