Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

UNCLE

FUJI

I met a neighbour and friend whilst out and about yesterday, he introduced me to his uncle................I requested I take a portrait or three of him, here are two of my favourite versions, both processed in my usual way in colour and then in mono:

Best viewed LARGE.....click on Pics:

FUJI

post-4-0-02268500-1391442248.jpg

post-4-0-55609700-1391442265.jpg

By the way Fuji I love the first mono shot - one of the best you have ever posted.

Cheers muchly BP

I must admit that my original Mono looked just fine in CS6 on my monitor...................all I did to darken it was give it a buzz in my iPad.

The original mono has been left well alone, but with a CS6 darkened version available if required.................All versions are now on a DVD for my subjec and his relatives......they can choose which they like ;-)

I am working very hard to get my mono processing as good as I am able............getting there slowly:

FUJI

On my fully profiled iMac screen the first monochrome looks amazing while the 'corrected' one is far too dark.

A quick look in CS6 would confirm that with the Levels being skewed:

Original:

attachicon.gifNormal.jpg

Darkened:

attachicon.gifDark.jpg

I see the same as you do BP - and I think the first mono shot is AMAZING. This time, it beats the colour version all sides up.

I do still hold my original opinion so it must be purely a visual thing even though I'm not arguing with the histograms. The first one, although the histogram is well distributed, has less impact than the second where the histogram is skewed to the left.

p.s. in case you're wondering, I do have fully profiled monitors on both desktop and laptop, both recalibrated about 2 weeks ago.

I'm with Leon, I like the edit of the edit. His face is far more the centre of attention....I think anyway.

Interesting observations here.

I feel that the edit of the edit, has the smack of being taken on film then processed in the darkroom( all dark arts to me), it looks like many of the classic mono portraits taken from the earliest days of photography until digital imaging and processing appeared.

I must admit to being pulled towards the one with darker areas, so much so, that I returned to my original mono file to make another working copy to attempt to reproduce what my iPad had with the posted JPEG.

Now I have all three versions, they have been burned onto a DVD for my subject and his relatives to do with as they will.

It is interesting to observe, that........had I posted any one of these singly............it would have initiated a response, minus the ability to compare with the others..........initiating the question....

Should we post two or three versions for comparison and comment?

Obviously, I have been delighted with the response to my original post, they and all the others make this forum, the success it is.

FUJI

Archived