Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CHARACTER

FUJI

This lady often stops to chat if she meets me, she was shopping in our branch of ....Iceland....yesterday, as we exchanged New Year greetings, I noticed that the lighting was pretty good.....I requested a portrait .......she readily agreed....this is the best of the two.

The overheadd light was pretty harsh so her hair was difficult to process................again, this was shot with my £20 lens which is rapidly becoming one of my favourites.

whenever I shoot mature subjects, I always try to capture the young person they onnce were, age is a funny thing..................I might look 70 plus, but feel only 30 at heart............TEMPUS FUGIT:

I am itching to find a young portrait model, but chatting up young ladies now might get misconstrued ;-)

Best viewed LARGE.........Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-26196300-1388731095.jpg

I like that a lot Fuji and to me it is screaming out for a mono conversion - have you tried that on this portrait? I would love to see the result...as I just noticed Korky said the same thing lol

Great stuff as always, Fooj. I'd love to see a mono version with that clever processing thingie you do.

Korky

Many thanks folks.......your wish, is my command......a mono version has been on my PC screen since this morning.....but a I had to rush our poorly Moggie to the vet.

Back to the portrait..........I am extremely pleased with the result here, what is galling is the fact that I removed a £260 lens and replaced it with that 20 quid one to take this and my portrait of Frankie......Mine is obviously a lucky pick, it has great potential.

FUJI

Don't feel bad about the 260 quid lens versus a 20 quid one. Different horses for different courses. I don't think I've ever been without different identical focal lengths for different images. My bitingly-sharp Pentax 28mm f3.5 was "better" than the Tamron 28mm f2.5, but both resulted in completely different image qualities (rather than quality). Sometimes it's about "quality of the image" rather than "image quality". It's one of the things that annoyed the living hell out of me in magazine reviews of different glass, and why I stopped buying the magazine (and stopped visiting some forums).

Back to the thread...

Fantastic portrait. The strange thing is though, when I first saw the photo I thought "It's a man". Anyone else get that feeling?

I did see an amazing website someone on Facebook posted a link to, which showed several photos of old people side by side with photos of their young selves. Sadly I didn't keep the URL. :(

Yes!

I do agree, the lady keepers her hair very short, but looking at it more closely, it is very thin, so she chooses to have it cut that way......I admire her, because at a year older than me ( I'm 76 very soon) , she still rides a bike.

When I give her a print of the shot, I will ask her more about her life, I don't remember her at school, so she is probably an incomer to our small town.

FUJI

I just beat you to it Nanny ;)

FUJI

Tiring day today. I have my 9 year old granddaughter staying for a few days and she talks my head off lol + I've just cooked dinner and done the washing up.

John usually does the dishes but he has a sore  throat and can hardly breathe so I got it done while he wasn't looking.

I'm sitting looking at each one in turn, and I just can't make my mind up which one I like best.

The colour one is much softer  for her face, but I like the way her hair shines "silvery" in the mono shot.

I think it has to be a draw, each with his own merits.

I really like the mono version, although as Tina said, they both have their merits. To me the mono one does just pip it - the colour version is warmer and softer, but the mono version brings her facial character and life experience out much more (to me anyway)

Archived