Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FRANKIE

FUJI

Following on from my....Open All Hours...post, this is Frankie, Arthur's hard working shop assistant, he is the man who puts all that stuff out every morning, then back in again at night:

He is a great character, loves a joke, knows his customers and....above all........knows where every item is, in that crammed to the ceiling shop;

This shot (suprisingly) was taken totally manually through my £20 35-1:1.7 CCTV lens, a little beast that takes some controlling.

I love the DOF and quirky softness it gives, I am still working on how to get the very best from it, I should improve now that I have discovered that my GF1 camera has a focus aid button that magnifies the shot prior to shooting.

I am currently working on a couple of portraits taken through it........ these are very impressive.....using a tripod would improve things too; I am hoping to find a willing model soon:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-30578300-1388691764.jpg

Maybe you could tone down the yellow rat in a tin as it drags my eye away from Frankie

Just a suggestion

Thanks fuzzy

I left it like that so you could see just what a tiny part of the shop looks like.......I had just handed Frankie prints of the shop pic, he was serving a customer at the time, I managed to get the manual focus done just in time, being a wide open 1:1.7 it is very fast......but I do need both hands to shoot .

FUJI

I can see Fuzzy's point, but the tinned rat doesn't draw my eye, I think it gives a terrific sense of what kind of shop we're dealing with. 

Is tinned rat a speciality in your part of the world? Do you serve it with chips and mushy peas and a cheeky little French red from the Macon villages?

Korky

That's a superb photo of a local character. Really splendid Fuji, very impressed :)

A very big thank you Chris, and to all other praiser uppers ........ Your very kind comments are much appreciated .......please, if you own a micro 2/3 camera please give one of these quirky £20 lenses a go.......I assume, that with the right adaptor they will fit any camera? I seem to remember other adapters being available from the seller.

Yes, Korky, tinned rat is a speciality dish in these parts........ TINNED VINDALOO RAT ....is a real winner......look out for the bright yellow tins ;-)

FUJI

Archived