Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

St Peter's Church

Martyn

I've posted images of St Peter's church previously on the forum, but I need to keep going back to my favourite places to retake and improve upon my previous work. This time I wanted to try mono. Please feel free to tell me what you think of both the composition and the processing.

11634028834_172c72e7cb_b.jpg

love the image and the composition looks good to me, although im not expert 

my only niggle is the small branches in the foreground which tend to keep drawing my eye. i think i would have tried to push them down out of the picture, or moved around a little till they were out of shot ? 

my only niggle is the small branches in the foreground which tend to keep drawing my eye. i think i would have tried to push them down out of the picture, or moved around a little till they were out of shot ? 

That's one of the things I saw in the viewfinder as I stood on top of the banking to take the shot. It's the top of a sapling, but I couldn't reach with my foot to bend it out of the way. I did consider climbing down and removing it from view, but the place is so popular I didn't have another chance to take the shot with none of those flipping tourists with cameras wandering all over the place!

WOW! Martyn,

This study certainly hits the spot, mono at its very best.........I do agree with Heather regarding those intrusive branches though, remove those and you have an absolute winner of a shot.

My ability to look more critically at my own work, has been helped recently by a new photographic friendship ( and occassional coffee) with a well respected judge of photographs to a number of prestigious art groups and societies ...... He can be critical to the point of very real annoyance, but! a few days later, look again at a shot he has criticised and 99.9% of the time he is right.

FUJI

You beat me to it Heather! With praise like that from Fuji I fired up my copy of Photoshop CS2 which has remained unused until now. I've read up a bit on the cloning stamp and given it a go. I've replaced the original picture with my modified image; hope I haven't messed it up.

A grand job indeed - the removal of the branches turns it into a excellent image.

Although I'm now not sure who cloned 'em out. You or Heather?

Korky

Heather did an edit on my picture which appears in her post. I did an edit on my own pic at the same time, which is now the one in the original post. Sorry if this has caused any confusion!

I'm sure we drove past there, is it on the way out of Morecambe on the left down a country lane?

Hi Leon, I think you may have seen another church. You can't see St Peter's from the road, and you wouldn't pass it on the way out of town. This is pretty much the edge of the world here, the next step being the Isle of Man where folks have three legs and drive around on two wheels! :rolleyes:

Archived